Best Options for Sagging and Droopy Face?

Hi, I am a 25 year old female, 5'6" about 130lbs and am very upset with the draggy and saggy way my face has begun to droop. I have had a couple of procedures advised to me and I am now kind of confused as to what I'd like.

I would like to get fullness back in my cheeks and take care of my folds around my mouth also the asymmetry by my eyebrows. I have been given the options of fillers and buccal fat removal or a Mid facelift. What should be the better procedure?

Sagging face in a 25-year old

+3

Some patients whose cheek mass is primarily soft tissue, not natural cheekbones, tend to have early drooping of their cheeks.

It is possible to perform cheeklifts with an Endotine to elevate the cheek mass upwards and out.

It is also possible to augment the cheek area by several methods, each with their own pluses and minuses. Cheek implants, fat injection methods, or autologous nontraumatized fat-fascial grafts (LiveFill(R)) are all possible solutions.

Buccal fat pad removal is an excellent operation in the right patient, but not in patients who are too young or don't have a congenital "chipmunk face", so I would avoid that procedure.

Web reference: http://drbrent.com/livefill-proc.php

Best option for sagging brows and cheeks.

+3

A unilateral browlift on the sagging side will give you better symmetry. A cheek lift will improve true sagging, but not if the cheek is already tight as it probably is in your face since you are only 25 years old. A filler will lessen the creases you have without surgery. See an experienced facial surgeon in your area and let him advise you after evaluating your face.

Facial Sagging in a 25 year old - what to do?

+2

You are specific in your wishes _ you want fuller cheeks, less folds around your mouth and more eyebrow symmetry. Because you are in your 20's in particular it is probably not  loss of elasticity as your major problem. I would therefore start simple with fillers and Botox. If you are able to achieve the result you want without surgery then I would wait. I would not recommend buccal fat pad in your case as you don't have a round face appearance.

Re: fillers start with "HA" type fillers like Jeuvederm or Sculptra/Radiesse which are more long lasting  to see if you like the results. Do it in a step wise fashion over 2-3 treatments. If you do like the appearance when they start to disappear you can consider a more permanent solution like fat transfer, midface lift or other cheek augmentation procedure.

Sagging face, young patient

+2

Thanks for the great question!

Having studied your photos, I feel strongly that volume replacement should be helpful.

I don't believe surgery should be required for a midface lift.  Also, I would strongly advise you against a buccal fat excision.  I have abandoned the latter after following patients for the last 10 years.

You could use any available filler, or more likely I would recommend a fat sculpturing and grafting session.  Essentially fat is harvested from the abdomen, thighs, lower chin, etc., and can be used to fill the face for a long acting natural result.

Phoenix Facial Plastic Surgeon

Correcting of sagging or drooping face with structural fat grafting not surgery in young faces

+2

In my opinion performing any of the procedures that you have suggested will have you well on your way to having an 'operated' or unnatural look that is quite dificult to recover from.  You have a nice wide jaw line and your mid third of the face has a lot of deflation and a little decent.  You are the perfect candidate for full facial structural fat grafting which can really transform your appearance if done appropriately.  You do not have the findings around your eyes that would make a 'mid-face lifting technique' a success.  Fat grafting will restore you beautifully without any scars!  I hope this helps! 

Rian A. Maercks M.D.

Web reference: http://www.rianmaercksmd.com/before-after-photos/Facial-Surgery/Fat-Grafting/case133.html

Sagging Skin

+2

You should have a consultation with a Board Certified Facial Plastic Surgeon. Upon consultation and examination, your surgeon will be able to address your concerns by recommending the appropriate treatment options. Best wishes!

Columbus Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dermal fillers versus a lower facelift

+2

Patients today have many options for facial rejuvenation of the lower face. Dermal fillers are extremely popular impatience I want to correct the nasolabial folds and marionette lines (otherwise known as the smile lines). If this is your main concern, a dermal filler may do the trick.

If you're interested in changing the shape of the jaw or in redraping the skin on your neck, a lower facelift or in your case, a midface lift would be more appropriate. Your best bet is to work with a board-certified plastic surgeon who has great deal of experience in lower facelift & midface techniques, dermal fillers, and facial rejuvenation. They will be able to assess your concerns and recommend a course of treatment that will meet your personal goals.

Sagging face

+2

The picture you posted shows a significant asymmetry of the brows. One needs to examine you and decide what the cause is? Is it hyperactive frontalis muscle, or naturally the left brow is higher. The height of the right brow seems to be in good position. Treatment can be as simple as Botoxor a full Brow lift.

The face is also asymmertic the left cheekis fuller, both sides have dropped causing the deep nasolabial folds and loss of volume in the cheek bone area.

Fillers is NOT an option.may be except fat injections,

In fact you may need at minimum a mini face lift with or without fat ijections to the cheeks.

Could not assess the jowles or the neck, need more views (pictures).

Correction of Facial Sagging

+2

When your pants fall down, you will never get them up again by filling the pockets with more change (placing filler) or by removing change (taking the buccal fat pad). The only way the pants are coming up is to reach down and pull them up.

This is true in the case of the face as well. Either a Cheek Lift or a MACS Facelift will LIFT the sagging face and because it is mild and you have good skin the results would be spectacular.

NEVER allow anyone to remove your Cheek (Bichat's) Fat pad You will end up looking prematurely old with that oh-so-attractive- AIDS hollowed face look. The operation is only indicated for moon facies which could stand a partial removal NOT in people such as you.

Best options for sagging and drooping face in a 25-year-old woman

+1
At 25 years of age, there  cannot be much sagging and droopiness since the skin tone is usually quite tight at that age. You're not a candidate for a facelift or a mini lift. Injectable fillers can be used to fill out the nasolabial folds if they are bothering you. Botox could be performed on the eyebrows to help with some of the asymmetry in positioning of the brows themselves.

Web reference: http://www.seattlefacial.com/photogallery/facelift_photos.html