How Much Will Sub Fascial Breast Drop or Do They Drop at All? (photo)

My PS used sub fascial placement 12 days ago. I love my results so far. I read other girls reviews in here and I see tons of pictures and notice that most new breast are so much higher than mine. Mine looks perfect to me right out of the `shop`. I am 12 days post of and the breast is getting softer I notice. What is your experience with sub fascials. Do I have to worry about droppig ? I am so happy with my results, but I have a little too good to be true feeling.

Subfascial implant placement - implants do not tend to drop

+1

While everyone does things somewhat different, I would not expect much early dropping with your surgery.  I perform 100% Subfascial placement in my practice and this is one of the reasons why.  While dual-plane placement mus contend with the downward force of the pectoralis major muscle and zero support inferiorly, they tend to progressively drop and develop the "down and out appearance."  Subfascial placement offers support around the implant that can resist gravity and takes the direct forces of the pectoralis major muscle out of the picture.  Most of the time i deliver results that do not require any dropping.  THe only exception is in patients with a very high and very tight inframammary fold.  With these findings it can be challenging to get enough stretch in the operating room and I will strap superiorly to encourage the implant to stretch the inferior pole and sit a bit lower.  This usually happens in days to a few weeks.  I hope this helps!

All the best!

Rian A. Maercks M.D.

Breast drops

+1

There will be some settling that will occur but from what I see you have an excellent result.Yes you will get soem laxity to return but that is normal.Enjoy.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implants “Dropping” after Breast Surgery?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.

Yes, you will find that the breast implants will likely " drop” to some degree. How much your breasts will change with time is impossible to predict. Overall, it seems that you are doing well; I would suggest that you relax and try to eliminate the “too good to be true feeling”.

Continue to follow-up with your plastic surgeon.

How Much Will Sub Fascial Breast Drop or Do They Drop at All?

+1

WOW! the photos show a great early result. Dropping can only be determined as you heal. The previous posters each have good advise but you should always ask your surgeon of record his/her protocols. Good luck

Breast lift and subfascial implants

+1

You breasts look very nice. AS for dropping any  more that is something to ask your surgeon. I am not a fan of subfascial implants myselft because I do not think that they offer any more advantage than just being subglandular. 

Preventing breast implants from dropping

+1

The result you have looks beautiful so far.  Ask your surgeon this question as they have your best interest at heart.  

I personally have gotten much stricter over the last 2-3 years after 25 years in practice about requiring that patients wear a well fit underwire bra that we provide for them (they never got the right things when shopping on their own).  The garment is worn 24/7/3 months without fail except for showers.  I also restrict any exercises that would potentially move the implants and I have stopped having patients do upper pole massage as some overdid it and moved their implants.  With all that, I almost never see implants move out of position anymore, but at the same time, those who needed lifts (like you) have the poorest elasticity and are at the greatest risk of migration.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Subfacial breast implants can drop

+1

When an implant drops, the actural drop is due to relaxation of the breast envelope on the lower portion of the breast. If the skin envelope is tight even a subfascial (subgladular) implant will drop or meld into the skin envelope. You have had a full "T" breast lift, and sthe opposite of the tight breast envelope. If the pocket is correct you implants and breast should stay put, though the nipple to fold distance can increase a bit.

Subfascial breast augmentation

+1

Sub facial breast augmentations give great results if you are a candidate for the procedure. Your surgeon did a great job. Post-operative changes depend on a few factors: 1. Your native breast tissue quality 2. Size/weight of breast implants 3. Surgical technique 4. Post-operative massage to prevent capsular contracture 5. Post-operative support garments

If you have a lot of stretch marks indicating that your skin has lost its elasticity and strength, it will be more likely to drop. Larger implant sizes will be more likely to drop if you have compromised skin or wear poor support bras or no bras. After surgery you need to massage to keep the capsule large as you breast heals and your tissue regains strength during the immediate post-operative period. If you provide adequate support, you will most like be able to maintain your current shape, provided the above mentioned factors are favorable.

Perry Liu, MD

Gravity and Implants

+1

Your surgeon did a great job and the implants are where you want them to be.  As long as you wear support especially in the first 2 months as everything scars in place and a capsule forms around the implant, you should be fine.  Excessively large implants will stretch your skin and a future revision mastopexy may be in order, but adequately sized implants should minimize this risk.  

John Michael Thomassen, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon