Will I Be Able to Breastfeed After Breast Augmentation and Doughnut Mastopexy?

I had breast augmentation with a doughnut mastopexy three years ago and am wondering if I will have enough milk supply to breastfeed, hopefully without supplementation. This is my third baby and breastfed the first two perfectly. I still have feeling in my nipples which I read was a good sign. Please share your expertise and maybe some success stories of past patients. Thank you!

Breast feeding after breast augmentation...

+1

The doughnut mastopexy typically does not remove any tissue, depending on how it was performed by your surgeon. Also your breast ducts should not have been cut in this procedure and so they should flow easily with any milk you make.

Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Breast feeding and mastopexy

+1

You should be able to breast feed after a concentric nipple/areolar reduction and breast augmentation.  Rember that another pregnancy may stretch the breast again.  The doughtnut lift could possibly not be enough of a lift after another session of breast feeding.  You may then become a candidate for another more involved breast lift.  Also, a bigger implant may be useful in order to fill up a loose skin envelope.

Breast feeding after cosmetic breast surgery

+1

Thank you for your question. I have performed well over 1000 breast augmentations and hundreds of breast lifts of all types. In general, my finding is that if you were able to breast feed before your surgery, you should be able to breast feed afterwards. Obviously, there are no guarantees. The bottom line is give it a try. If you don't produce enough milk, there is no harm in supplementing with a bottle. Good luck.

Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Breast feeding after implants and donut mastopexy

+1

It is likely that you  will be able to breast feed after a breast augmentation and donut mastopexy but you will not know for sure until you try.  Good luck.