When Can I Have a Facial After Rhinoplasty?

I had my rhinoplasty 3 weeks ago and I am currently very happy with the results. I did notice an increase of blackheads on my nose and was wondering when I would be able to get a facial to extract those pesky black dots. I tend to have very sensitive skin. Thanks!

You should be ready for a facial 3-4 weeks after Rhinoplasty Surgery.

+1

It is common to experience an exacerbation of blackheads on your nose after Rhinoplasty. This is from the dressing, typically worn for a week, that clogs your nasal pores. In my practice, a microdermabrasion and / or facial treatment is offered to my patients at the second post-operative visit: around one month post-op. If your nose is still tender to the touch at 1 month post-op, you can put the facial off for another 2 weeks.

I hope this is helpful for you.

Regards from NJ.

West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Ask your doctor

+1

Certainly you can wash and use an astringent -- but ask you doctor what they would have you do. You paid him -- see what he says.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD

Blackheads

+1

If you skin care specialist is gentile or uses an extracter, you can go ahead at this time. Have her be careful around the tip

David A. Bray, Sr., MD