Is It Normal That my Nose Tip is Numb Even Though the Dr. Didn't Cut or Change the Tip?

I had a rhinoplasty 3days ago, the tip of my nose is numb, although the dr didnt cut or change my tip? Is it normal to be numb and swollen?

Tip numbness without Tip-plasty?

+1

The numbness that occurs following rhinoplasty has little to do with the approach used. The sensation to the tip of the nose is provided mostly by paired nerves that exit just below the nasal bones and enter the soft tissue of the bridge on the way to the tip. Any dissection in this area can cause injury to these nerves, either by cutting or by causing nerve swelling from inflammation. Most nasal tip numbness will resolve with time.

Web reference: http://drkevinbrenner.com/blog/understanding-rhinoplasty/424114

Numbness on tip of nose

+1

It is definitely expected to have numbness on the tip of your nose only three days after surgery. In fact, you will probably have numbness for several months whether there was tip work or not. Don't worry about it, it is normal.

Web reference: http://edelsonplastic.com/face/rhinoplasty/

+1

Simply answer is yes. Because there are incisions interiorly in your nose to correct the other issue for giving adequate exposure. 

Nasal tip numbness

+1

It is quite common to have numbness in the nasal tip after rhinoplasty. Most of this sensation is due to swelling.

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.