Will This Bump Go Away if I Had a Diced Cartilage Rhinoplasty?

The pictures shows my nose after one month of diced cartilage rhinoplasty to elevate my bridge. My problem is at the top of my bridge there seems to be a drop in where the diced cartilage was placed. This has been about 1 MONTH. My tip is hard and still very swollen to the touch, but I am not sure if the top part of my bridge is still swollen or there was too much cartilage placed. I had this done abroad. Can I please get so expert opinions and advice since I am only at the one month stage.

Will bump 1 month after diced cartilage Rhinoplsty go away?

+1

Diced cartilage or crushed cartilage, IMHO, is not stable and can dissolve unevenly as well as dissipate with pressure or palpation.  These cartilage fragments are also prone, IMO, to scar formation that can cause them to clump together.  Any one of these issues could be responsible for the bump on your nose.  Only time will tell and after 6 months, you may find it necessary to have a Revision Rhinoplasty to remove the diced cartilage and replace it with a solid straight silastic graft to reliably build up the nasal bridge. 

Bump after Diced Cartilage Rhinoplasty

+1

The bump may resolve in the near future - you're only 1 month post-op. Gentle massage of the fullness is sometimes helpful after a diced cartilage graft. Discuss this with a rhinoplasty surgeon in your area.

Diced cartilage graft fullness

+1

Being only 1 month from surgery I would suspect there to still be swelling in the area. You need to wait at least 12 months to get a better sense of what your nose will look like. You could consider contacting your surgeon and have them look at your photos to see what their opinion is.

Thomas A. Lamperti, MD

+1

If after 3 months there still is issue, I recommend either try fillers or fat to above and below the slight hump of diced cartilage. Or open revision with onlay ear cartilage. 

Diced cartilage and slight bump

+1

You look like you have a very nice result except for that slight elevated area. You will need to give it 6 months or longer to settle down. That bump may go away as the cartilage remodels.

If your nasal bump doesn't go away, you may benefit from a Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty treatment.

+1

I read your concern and reviewed your photos.

You have a nice result. I see the slight bump on your bridge that is visible on your profile and 3/4 views. I don't have experience using diced cartilage for bridge augmentation, so I'm not sure what to expect over the ensuing months.

If this slight bump dozen't resolve over time, you may consider a non-surgical rhinoplasty treatment to camouflage it's appearance. I prefer to use Silikon-1000, an off-label filler for permanent results.

I hope this is helpful for you.

Regards from NJ.

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nasal bump after rhinoplasty.

+1

Nasal bump after rhinoplasty with diced cartilage will probably go away. It takes 6-12 months for this to happen.

Nasal bump after diced cartilage rhinoplasty abroad

+1

The photos don't tell the whole story.  It is difficult to know if you have too much cartilage or persistent swelling.  Certainly after one month you will stil have some swelling and it will take some time for that to go down.  It is always best to see the surgeon who placed the implant to get the best answer as to what your nose will ultimately look like.   If you are worried and are not able to see the surgeon (since he/she is in another country) you should see someone to have this evaluated.  There can be problems having surgery abroad if you are not able to participate in the necessary follow up.  Your surgeon should ascertain whether you are able to do this prior to surgery so as not to leave you with this kind of problem. 

Regarding diced cartialge, it depends on specifically how it was placed as to what its fate will be over the longterm. 

Gregory Branham, MD
Saint Louis Facial Plastic Surgeon