Will Getting a Facial Affect Under Eye Fillers?

I had Juvederm injected into my tear troughs about two weeks ago. (The results so far have been just okay.) I was wondering if getting a facial would affect the Juvederm at all and if so, how. Thank you so much for your insight.

Wait 2 weeks for a facial after an Injectable treatment

+1

I recommend a 2-week follow-up appointment after 1st time filler or Botox treatments. After this assessment, it is ok to have a spa facial treatment, microcurrent, photofacial, or other facial laser treatment.

Bellevue Dermatologic Surgeon

Facial are fine after under eye filler

+1

I would say that as soon as one week (and maybe sooner) you are fine to get a facial after a filler session. I usually have my patients avoid pressure or massage type treatments to an injected area for about 48 hours after injection. Live with your results for a while to see how you like them and if you still think they are just ok, then I would have additional filler injected. The closer you are to satisfied correction, the longer lasting the effect is.

Elizabeth F. Rostan, MD
Charlotte Dermatologist

Fillers and facials

+1

At two weeks you will be just fine to have a facial. I just ask patients to wait 24-48 hours before much pressure is applied to filler areas, especially if the patient has a tendency to bruise or swell.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD

Tear Trough Filler

+1

After 2 weeks, there should be no reason whatsoever to avoid having a facial. The filler will not migrate. Regarding your "just okay" results, the tear trough can be a challenging area to treat with fillers. It is better to under-treat than to over-treat. Also, depending on your individual anatomy, a lower blepharoplasty (eyelid surgery) or mid-facial lifting may be necessary to achieve optimal results.

Hope this helps.

William M. Ramsdell, MD
Austin Dermatologic Surgeon