Will Getting a Facial Affect Under Eye Fillers?

I had Juvederm injected into my tear troughs about two weeks ago. (The results so far have been just okay.) I was wondering if getting a facial would affect the Juvederm at all and if so, how. Thank you so much for your insight.

Wait 2 weeks for a facial after an Injectable treatment

I recommend a 2-week follow-up appointment after 1st time filler or Botox treatments. After this assessment, it is ok to have a spa facial treatment, microcurrent, photofacial, or other facial laser treatment.

Bellevue Dermatologic Surgeon

Facial are fine after under eye filler

I would say that as soon as one week (and maybe sooner) you are fine to get a facial after a filler session. I usually have my patients avoid pressure or massage type treatments to an injected area for about 48 hours after injection. Live with your results for a while to see how you like them and if you still think they are just ok, then I would have additional filler injected. The closer you are to satisfied correction, the longer lasting the effect is.

Fillers and facials

At two weeks you will be just fine to have a facial. I just ask patients to wait 24-48 hours before much pressure is applied to filler areas, especially if the patient has a tendency to bruise or swell.

Tear Trough Filler

After 2 weeks, there should be no reason whatsoever to avoid having a facial. The filler will not migrate. Regarding your "just okay" results, the tear trough can be a challenging area to treat with fillers. It is better to under-treat than to over-treat. Also, depending on your individual anatomy, a lower blepharoplasty (eyelid surgery) or mid-facial lifting may be necessary to achieve optimal results.

Hope this helps.

William M. Ramsdell, MD
Austin Dermatologic Surgeon