Can Someone Explain Proper Icing Technique Follwing Tip Plasty?

I am four days post op. Whole face still swollen but majority of swelling is on whole nose (top and tip). Do I keep applying ice packs across nose 20min per hour or am I supposed to do less? Surgeon just says to ice it, but I need more specific instructions to help top of nose swelling to go down. There is no nostril creases or definition at all right now due to swelling.

How long to ice?

You can still ice. I recomend putting crushed ice in a dispoable glove. let the ice get into the fingers of the glove. Drape the glove over the yop of your nose so that the fingers drop down on either side of your nose and the weight of the "hand" part of the glove is on your forehaed between your eyes (so it's not putting too much weight directly on your nose).Keep it on until it either melts or it bothers you. You really can't ice too much. Just don't put the ie directly against your skin as you don't want to get a "freezer burn". Check with your surgeon.