How Quickly Does miraDry Work?

Will my sweating be decreased instantly or overtime?

Most patients see an immediate decrease in sweat after one treatment of miraDry

+3

The miraDry® system uses electromagnetic energy to permanently target and destroy sweat glands. Most patients see an immediate decrease in sweat after the first treatment, however it’s recommended to have two treatments spaced three months apart for best results.

Atlanta Dermatologic Surgeon

MiraDry works almost instantly for underarm excess sweating or hyperhidrosis

+3

Sweat glands are obliterated during MiraDry treatment for underarm excess sweating or hyperhidrosis. Most patients should experience almost instant relief though the best long-term results are seen with two treatments done 3 months apart.

Web reference: http://www.drwilliamting.com/Excess_Sweating_82Y4.html

Bay Area Dermatologic Surgeon

Advantages of MiraDry and Retrograde Suction Curettage for axillary and underarm hyperhidrosis

+3

MiraDry results are relatively quick and effective in the treatment of axillary hyperhidrosis.  I use the Retrograde Suction Curettage procedure in most cases of axillary hyperhidrosis as it provides definitive improvement in axillary hyperhidrosis.  My 5 year long term outcomes have been stellar with this technique.  Results are seen quickly with minimal downtime, much like the Miradry system.  The benefits of RSC are that it is likely that only one procedure is needed. I currently offer both treatments in my Los Angeles office.

Immediately

+3

you will notice immediate change but it will improve over time and usually 2 treatments are recommended We offer Miradry in Chicago and the North Shore of Chicago at the New Horizons Center for Cosmetic Surgery and Dr Turowski

Web reference: http://drturowski.com/miradry-chicago.html

Sweating is decreased instantly after miraDry treatment

+3

You will notice an immediate decrease in sweating after your first miraDry treatment, however a second treatment is required (approximately 3 months later) to achieve a long-lasting decrease in underarm sweat.

Santa Monica Dermatologic Surgeon

Miradry is quick!

+2

The effects of Miradry can be seen immediately. There is about a 40-50% reduction of sweating within a day.  Repeat treatments in three months are recommended for optimal results. 

Instant results after MiraDry

+2

We highly recommend the use of ice packs as soon as the procedure is finished, so it would be difficult to tell if you are sweating at the time. However, by the next morning almost every patient has noticed either a drastic reduction or total cessation of sweating. I agree that the second treatment is necassary to make this effect last.

Dallas Dermatologic Surgeon

MiraDry Results

+1

Results are typically immediate post treatment. The sweat glands are destroyed with the microwave technology of the MiraDry. Two treatments are typically recommended for optimal results, 3 months apart.

Dr. Grant Stevens Marina Plastic Surgery Associates Marina del Rey, CA The Institute

Web reference: http://www.marinaplasticsurgery.com/lasers-and-injectable-procedures/skin-rejuvenation-los-angeles/miradry/

MiraDry delivers fast results

+1

The results of the first miraDry treatment are near immediate.  Most patients see a 40-50% reduction in sweating after the first treatment.  For optimal results, we recommend two miraDry treatments spaced 3 months apart.  Although you will likely achieve a 40-50% reduction in sweating as high as 86% in most patients.  The miraDry procedure utilizes microwave technology to selectively target and eliminate sweat glands in the armpits by focusing electromagnetic waves at a specific level in the body where sweat glands are located.  Studies demonstrate that results last up to 2 years and are likely permanent as sweat glands do not regenerate.  Patients may initially note an increased reduction in sweating after the first treatment that gradually wears off because while approximately 40-50% of the sweat glands are gone, some may be temporarily stunted.  That is why it is advisable to have the second treatment for optimal results and full eradication of sweat glands.  

Web reference: http://www.advanceddermatologypc.com/miradry.html

Long Island Dermatologic Surgeon

The miraDry® system is effective within a week of treatment

+1
You will notice the dryness after the miraDry® procedure once the inflammation is gone - certainly within days to a week of the procedure. Read the miraDry book provided on thelink below: 

Web reference: http://hyperhidrosisclinic.com/site/0/6/ebooks.aspx

Buffalo General Surgeon