How Quickly Does miraDry Work?

Will my sweating be decreased instantly or overtime?

Most patients see an immediate decrease in sweat after one treatment of miraDry

The miraDry® system uses electromagnetic energy to permanently target and destroy sweat glands. Most patients see an immediate decrease in sweat after the first treatment, however it’s recommended to have two treatments spaced three months apart for best results.

Atlanta Dermatologic Surgeon

MiraDry works almost instantly for underarm excess sweating or hyperhidrosis

Sweat glands are obliterated during MiraDry treatment for underarm excess sweating or hyperhidrosis. Most patients should experience almost instant relief though the best long-term results are seen with two treatments done 3 months apart.

William Ting, MD
Bay Area Dermatologic Surgeon

Advantages of MiraDry and Retrograde Suction Curettage for axillary and underarm hyperhidrosis

MiraDry results are relatively quick and effective in the treatment of axillary hyperhidrosis.  I use the Retrograde Suction Curettage procedure in most cases of axillary hyperhidrosis as it provides definitive improvement in axillary hyperhidrosis.  My 5 year long term outcomes have been stellar with this technique.  Results are seen quickly with minimal downtime, much like the Miradry system.  The benefits of RSC are that it is likely that only one procedure is needed. I currently offer both treatments in my Los Angeles office.

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Immediately

you will notice immediate change but it will improve over time and usually 2 treatments are recommended We offer Miradry in Chicago and the North Shore of Chicago at the New Horizons Center for Cosmetic Surgery and Dr Turowski

Sweating is decreased instantly after miraDry treatment

You will notice an immediate decrease in sweating after your first miraDry treatment, however a second treatment is required (approximately 3 months later) to achieve a long-lasting decrease in underarm sweat.

Karyn Grossman, MD
Santa Monica Dermatologic Surgeon

Miradry is quick!

The effects of Miradry can be seen immediately. There is about a 40-50% reduction of sweating within a day.  Repeat treatments in three months are recommended for optimal results. 

Cameron Rokhsar, MD

Instant results after MiraDry

We highly recommend the use of ice packs as soon as the procedure is finished, so it would be difficult to tell if you are sweating at the time. However, by the next morning almost every patient has noticed either a drastic reduction or total cessation of sweating. I agree that the second treatment is necassary to make this effect last.

Michael L. Maris, MD
Dallas Dermatologic Surgeon

Treatment onset

Miradry eliminates the odor causing glands as well as the sweat glands. It is a safe, effective and, in the long term, most affordable manner of fixing your problem. The safety track record is really, really good.  You will see improvement almost immediately.  Most patients need only one treatment.
Sheila Nazarian
Beverly Hills

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

MiraDry works quickly

Our patients have reported significant improvement in the first couple days after treatment. For the best and longest lasting results the procedure should be performed twice, spaced 3 months apart. 

HOW QUICKLY DOES MIRADRY WORK?

Patients in my office see results immediately.  To ensure the full benefit of MiraDry, a second treatment 3 months after the initial one is recommended.  Clinical trials have demonstrated a reduction of sweat under the arms up to 85 percent.

Jeffrey B. Wise, MD, FACS
Wayne Facial Plastic Surgeon