Will Driving a Convertible/top Down Wrangler Negatively Effect my Nose Job?

I am 1 1/2 weeks post op and am planning on taking a little trip with my friend. She was wondering if we could put the top down on my wrangler but I just wanted to find out if the constant wind blowing on our faces could be too much so soon after surgery. (not sure if this is a stupid question lol) Thanks!

Post rhinoplasty and wind and sun exposure

+1

In the first 1 to 2 weeks after a rhinoplasty your skin and nasal membranes will be quite sensitive.  Wind and sun exposure at this early stage could cause irritation, bleeding, or a healing problem.  My best advice is to be careful and keep the top up, especially at freeway speeds.  Best of luck.

San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Driving a Convertible 10 days after surgery

+1

I think that many times the inside of nose is sensitive in first week or ten days and if this sensitivity has settled and if it allows you to drive a convertible without being painful or sensitive perhaps you can.However its unique and a rare question and I can not be so sure about it.

Ashok Govila, FRCS, MCh, MS
Dubai Plastic Surgeon

Convertible after rhinoplasty

+1

The nose is going to be sensitive and the inside may not have completed the healing yet, but you should be extra careful because some part of your nose may still be numb and sensitive to the sun. If you put the top down and the nose became windburn, you would not feel it. Good sunscreen and good protection is key.

M. Vincent Makhlouf, MD, FACS

Convertible top down and rhinoplasty

+1

Really the only potential problem is the sun itself.  You probably need to wear a good sunblock as the nose may be very sensitive to burn.

Convertibles and nose job

+1

Generally speaking, you would want to avoid anything that might affect your surgery during the recovery period such contact sports. Driving a convertible is not. 

Moneer Jaibaji, MD

Top Down

+1

Sun exposure may be an issue after your rhinoplasty!  Just don't go so fast that you blow your nose right off (just kidding).  Good Luck with healing.

Robert Shumway, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Will Driving a Convertible 10 days after surgery Negatively Effect my Nose Job?

+1

Interesting question. I don't think it should affect the results of your surgery. Potential problems that I can see are inhaling a lot of dust (not the best thing after the surgery), increased sun exposure, and possibly increase chance of something flying into your car and traumatizing the nose (very far fetched though). So, it should be ok to do this, however maybe better not to if this is not very essential to you.

Alexander Ovchinsky, MD