Asymmetric Nasal Tip. What Do You Recommend? (photo)

I have an uneven (left side is longer), and dropping nasal tip, and am looking for any feed back on how to correct this, risks involved, and approximate cost? (in Canadian dollars, but with a near par exchange rate American is fine as well, but please specify if your quote is in Canadian or American) I feel like it mostly negatively effects my smile, but if you don't agree and propose an alternate solution, please share it with me! Thank you very much, your feed back is greatly appreciated!

Recommendation for asymmetric nose tip

+1

The asymmetry in the tip is due to congenital asymmetrical cartilages present in the tip.  Surgery will involve exploring the tip, adjusting the cartilages appropriately, and possibly sewing the tip cartilages together to narrow and make the nose look symmetrical.  Releasing the depressor septi ligament will prevent the nasal tip from drooping upon smiling.  The cost for a rhinoplasty is $7,000, which includes the surgeon’s fee, the operating room, and anesthesia for the procedure.  There is a 10% chance of having to perform a touchup at some point in the first year after the surgery if there are any asymmetries that persist after 1 year.

Nasal tip issues

+1

I see your concerns in your photos. The nasal tip can certainly be helped and improved upon.  The bulbosity can be softened, the tip raised and symmetry improved. Fees in NYC vary for a tip only to probably cost about $7-10K all in.( surgeon fee, facility, anesthesia).   Good luck.

Asymmetric Nasal tip

+1

A tip rhinoplasty is in order in your case. You need to schedule a consultation with a Board Certified Facial Plastic Surgeon. The cost depends on the surgeon as well as the city you choose to do your surgeon in. The fees can range any where from $7,500 to 10,000 this would include surgeon, operating room and anesthesia.

David Alessi, MD

Cost

+1

Five to eight thousands dollars will be an appropriate range for your rhinoplasty.  Just check a few consultations first!  Best of Luck.

Robert Shumway, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

What do I needfor my nose?

+1

You have a ptotic (droopy), overprojected, bulbous tip with alar columellar disproportion. A rhinoplasty would address these areas. You will always have some differences between the two sides. They will never be exactly the same which is ok since the entire right side of the face is always a little different compared to the left. In this area plan to spend $7-8,000 for surgeon, anesthesia and operating room. Good luck!

Michael L. Schwartz, MD
West Palm Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

How to correct my tip and the cost involved?

+1

Here are the issues with your tip as I see them: decreased rotation (droopy appearance), tip is somewhat bulbous, left tip cartilage protrudes more than right, widened alar base, and your tip is mobile and goes more down when you smile or articulate. Your dorsum looks fine, so what you need is tip plasty and possibly alar base reduction. The surgeon cost would probably be around $4500, plus the facility fee.

Alexander Ovchinsky, MD

Asymmetric Nasal Tip. What Do You Recommend?

+1

Aesthetically speaking the nose is long with an under-roatated nasal tip that is wide.  An Open Rhinoplasty to thin the nasal tip, increase symmetry and upwardly rotate the nasal tip would be recommended.  

Tip Plasty costs.

+1

You sound like you are only bothered by the tip  and probably the tip going down when you smile.  If this were the only thing that bothered you the cost is about$4-5,000.  Often during a real consult patients will add other things that bother them and this adds tint and cost.