Crooked Columella After Rhinoplasty, Nose Points to One Side? (photo)

I had Rhinoplasty done 2 weeks ago, I had a deviated septum on the left fixed, bone shaving on the left side, hump reduction, tip reduction/shaped now the nose points to the left and the nosils look uneven see pictures, but if i pull the tip back to the middle its perfect, is it pulling to the left because of the swelling on the left side due to the shaving on the left and not on the right OR is it sewn back on wrong? OR incorrect shaping of the cartliage.. please help

Shofted Columella After Rhinoplasty

+1

Hi,

At this point in your recovery path, it is too early to assess the final results of you surgery; swelling will subside as nature takes its course.

I advise you to be patient and to follow your surgeon's instructions. Usually, it takes about 12 months for end results to be established.

Also, swelling occurs and then subsides at a different pace on the same nose.

Thank you for your inquiry.

The best of wishes to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Columella issue

+1

It appears that things are shifted to one side. This could be related to swelling. Discuss this with your surgeon

Crooked Columella After a Rhinoplasty

+1

While swelling after a rhinoplasty is commonly asymmetric, it does appears from your photos that your septum is sitting to the right side of your nasal spine. It is possible that much more work was done in that area which is why it looks more swollen. At this point the only one who knows the answer is your surgeon. Tell him or her your concerns. They will know whether this is anything to be concerned about. You chose your surgeon based on expertise. Use that expertise to help put your mind at ease.

Michael R. Menachof, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Crooked nose

+1

At this point in time your own surgeon is the person most qualified to give you accurate answers to your questions. If you have not expressed these concerns to him or her then you should contact them.

Michael L. Schwartz, MD
West Palm Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Crooked nose after rhinoplasty

+1

Thank you for the question. It is too early to determine the shape and the results of your surgery since you are only two weeks out. It takes months for the swelling to subside. During that period you will see some asymmetry. My advice for you is to address your concern with your plastic surgeon and follow all the post operative instruction and keep your appointments.

Moneer Jaibaji, MD