I got two nose jobs down within 3months. Is There Something Wrong with my Nose? (photo)

I went on vacation three months ago and my aunt introduced to me to a doctor whom does rhinoplasty. I got two nose jobs down with in 3months. The first time, my nose wasn't straight, my nasals weren't even and my nose was huge, it even looked bigger than before. It's been a month since i had my second nose job and my nasal's are looking uneven again, the exact way it looked the first time, and it's really bruised up. is this normal? picture is provided

Rhinoplasty revision is better after a year

+2

At three months a rhinoplasty revision can be difficult because the tissue is not soft and fully healed. We see the differences in the photo, however it is best to wait six to twelve months to judge.

Two Rhinoplasties In Three Months

+1

Dear Blaahbe,

Based on your story and your photos, having 2 surgeries in a row was harsh on your nasal tissue.

Currently, your nose remains swollen and you need to let nature take its course so the swelling subsides and recovery is established.

Usually, patients establish final rhinoplasty results at about 12 months post surgery.

It is important that you understand that if you were to decide to have corrective surgery - a third one -  that you think about it well before you decide on it and that you wait till you achieve full recovery before undergoing an invasive approach one more time.

Thank you for your inquiry.

The best of wishes to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

Does my nose look ok after 2 nose jobs in 3 months

+1

I find it hard to understand the logic of second surgery so soon .I am sure you must have done good research about the credentials of the surgeon and may be at time patients push for correction being unhappy after the first surgery.I can see from the close up of nostrils that these were open Rhinoplasties and the external part of incision ,where there is a scar is not so great along with the shape over all.I normally would not touch a nose after 2 surgeries for one year ,since it will take this much of time normally to become soft again with it blood supply re-established.This time you must do a good research on the surgeon and his board certification.This is just an opinion and is in no way means that I have clinically examined you and therefore use this opinion with wisdom.I wish you good luck for future.

Ashok Govila, FRCS, MCh, MS
Dubai Plastic Surgeon

Is There Something Wrong with my Nose?

+1

Photos are not fully exposed to view the aesthetic facial units! But either way "2" operations within 3 months!! WOW very quick on the trigger.Most revisions are done ONLY after 6 to 9 months. Is the "nose" doc a boarded plastic or facial plastic surgeon? My best recommendation is obtain 3 second opinions AND WAIT! 

Six Months

+1

Wait six months and look for a revision rhinoplasty if needed.  Waiting will increase your chances of a successful outcome.

Robert Shumway, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nasal asymmetry after two rhinoplasties within 3 months

+1

There are a few issues that popped out at me from your story.  First, it is never a good idea to have a rhinoplasty (or any surgery for that matter) accidentally during a vacation, unless you were planning for it and researched your surgeon ahead of time. Second, a revision rhinoplasty only 2 months after the original surgery is way too soon, and always means asking for trouble. Looking at your photos, your tip has some asymmetry and nostrils look slightly uneven. Your columellar incision is still not well healed, which is uncommon for 2 months after the surgery. My advise to you is most importantly to stop doing repetitive surgery, let everything heal for at least 6 -9 months, and only then consider another revision if you are unhappy.

Alexander Ovchinsky, MD

Ethnic Rhinoplasty

+1

Hi,

The 2 surgeries where very close to each other. As far as your nostrils go, they look slightly uneven. You may want to wait 6 months to a year to readdress this issue.

Dr.S.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS

Rhinoplasty with bad results.

+1

Sorry to hear this.  You need to wait at least 6 months before having another surgery and then only by a very experienced revision rhinoplasty surgeon.