Time Between Rhinoplasty Consultation and Surgery?

Most doctors I'm looking at are out of town.How long after a consultation does one have to wait to have the rhinoplasty surgery?

The Time Between Rhinoplasty Consultations and Rhinoplasty Surgery

+4

It would be best for the patients to have adequate time to digest all the details of a comprehensive rhinoplasty consultation.

You can send your picture and have a consultation on the phone or Internet prior to your first visit to your surgeon's office. We have done that numerous times for patients that come from out of state or out of country.

The earliest time between the time of consultation and your surgery should be 24 hours. Prior planning and coordination of your and the surgeon's schedule is required.

Most importantly, you want to have your rhinoplasty procedure performed by someone who is skilled, caring and passionate about getting the best possible results for you.

Good Luck,

Dr. Sajjadian

Ideal time between consultation and surgery

+1

Thank you for the question.  The answer to your question can also be applied to most other plastic surgery procedures.  In general, you would want enough time between the consultation and the surgery to allow you to take in all of the information, ask any additional questions you may have, verify certain pieces of information that you are unsure of, and finally have your preoperative appointment.

Dr. Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Waiting time before Rhinoplasty

+1

There is no recommended time between a consultation and planned surgery.  Some surgeons may have schedules that are so busy that they cannot schedule a procedure for weeks to months after the consultation.  It is a good idea to have two consultations with the surgeon of your choice before surgery in order to completely clarify your wishes and the surgeons intentions, since he or she will be trying to interpret your wishes into existence while you are asleep.  Mis-communication can lead to unhappy patients.

Leif L. Rogers, MD, FACS

Amount of time between consultation and rhinoplasty

+1

In our practice most rhinoplasty surgeries are usually performed within two weeks to a couple of months after the consultation. A pre-op appointment regarding anesthesia and the surgical procedure itself is conducted to answer all pre and postoperative questions regarding this type of surgery. It would be unwise to make a rushed decision on such a life-altering event. It is important to find a surgeon who has performed thousands of rhinoplasty surgeries.

Three months

+1

In our practice we would like to see the patient again for a second consult if the time from the first visit is more than three months.  We need to make sure that there has been no changes in the patients health and nasal airway.  Also the patient might forget the information initially given.

Amir Moradi, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Surgery and consultation

+1

You want to see the doctor if possible several months before your desired surgery date.  This helps to coordinate both yours and the doctor's schedules.

Time Between Consultation and Rhinoplasty Surgery

+1

If patients have proper motivations and expectations, they can have surgery as soon as possible after consultation depending on my schedule and theirs. If patients from other states and countries have sent pictures and communicated with me via the internet, I will see them in consultation and do their rhinoplasty in short order if we feel they are good candidates so they can avoid avoid a second trip.

Time between rhinoplasty consultation and surgery

+1

It really depends on the availability of your surgeon after the consultation. Some surgeons may be booked for a while, and in other situations there may be openings right away. At that point, it depends on when you feel ready, and when are interested in having your rhinoplasty performed. Please let me know if you have any specific questions regarding rhinoplasty, as I am a rhinoplasty specialist and have a great deal of experience with the procedure. Thank you, and best of luck.

Dr. Nassif

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Consultation and rhinoplasty surgery

+1

There is no definite timeline between when you have had your consultation and when you should proceed with surgery. That becomes a personal decision. That being said you should make sure you are happy with the proposed changes, the qualifications of your surgeon and what type of procedure is recommended before proceeding with the actual surgery. I hope this information helps.

Scott Trimas, MD
Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1

Time between rhinoplasty consultation and surgery is a personal decision. I have seen a patient in consult than preformed the surgery within 24 hours. But that takes preoperative planning over the phone or internet. From MIAMI Dr. B