Swelling Between the Eyes 3 Months After Rhinoplasty

It's been about 3 months since I've had my rhinoplasty, and the radix (from what I've read the radix is the nasal bone right between my eyes) seems wider than what it was before. The point of my surgery was to get that part of my nose thinned out. It seems to me that the swelling isn't there, because when a bit of pressure is applied, I think I feel the nasal bone, rather than any swollen tissue. How long does that swelling last? Is it the bone I'm feeling, or hardened tissue? Feedback, please..

In the Fullness of Time

+1

The nose retains swelling longer.  The wideness of the radix are most likely represents swelling.  It usually take about a solid year before all the swelling is gone.  The fine features of your rhinoplasty will become evident with time.

Dr. ES

Radix Swelling 3 Months after Rhinoplasty

+1

Your nose will change over the next 6-9 months. I'm sorry it is impossible to answer your question without examining you, but swelling in the bridge does tend to resolve quickly.  Wait a few months and then share your concerns with your surgeon.

Too wide after rhinoplasty

+1

Three months is too soon to decide where your are going to end up. I would recoomend waiting up to a year. Palpation may not give your an accuaret picture. Discuss with your surgeon and be patient.

Andrew Pichler, MD
Sacramento Facial Plastic Surgeon

Swelling between the eyes with radix graft.

+1

It is too soon to say if this will or  will not go down more. Wait 3 more months and then see your surgeon or a revision rhinoplasty expert.

Swelling Between Eyes (Nasal Radix) 3 Months Following Rhinoplasty

+1

Hi,

It is difficult to answer your question without examining you.  Best to see your rhinoplasty surgeon to discuss your concerns.  At 3 months post-rhinoplasty much of the swelling in this area should be gone.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD