What Do Doctors Think of Perma Lip Implants? Safe or Not Safe and Are the Natural on Males? (photo)

Im considering Permalip augmentation. Are they safe and would they look natural on me?

The Many Problems with PERMANENT LIP IMPLANTS.

+1

Permanent Lip implant are nothing but trouble.  Over the years there have been  many and I like none of them.   Use Juvederm!  Juvederm is wonderful and very long lasting and you can get exactly what you want.   Permanent lip implants tend to get infected and extrude,  the feel funny when you touch them,  they feel strange when you kiss,  the are an annoying when you eat, symmetry is an unending problem. Many get infected.  Eventually 100% or near that are taken out for the above or different reasons.  BEWARE.   This is a bad idea.  Learn about Juvederm which is a miracle.  My Best,  Dr C

Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon

PermaLip implants

+1

The problem with most permanent lip implants has always been that they are foreign material and the body tends to form scar tissue around them.  In the lips, which are supposed to be soft and supple, this was a major issue.  Because of that, I steered away from Gortex implants and some of the others that came on the market.  The PermaLip implants are a vast improvement on those older style implants.  I have been very happy with the results that I have seen with the PermaLip implants.  I have not had any instances of scar tissue build-up around the implants that could distort the appearance of the lip or create banding when the patient smiles.  In my experience, they give a very natural look and feel to the lips.

Edwin C. Pound, III, MD

Perma Facial Implants in the lips are very safe and offer long term augmentation

+1
For long term lip augmentation, Perma facial implants are an excellent choice.  They can be placed in the office with local anesthesia.  They look natural (not overdone) and my patients say that they don't feel them in their lips after the first 2 months, unless they feel for them with their fingers.  You would need a consultation to decide whether you are an appropriate candidate for the procedure.

Anurag Agarwal, MD
Naples Facial Plastic Surgeon