How Long After PermaLip Before I Can out in Public? (photo)

I had my implants yesterday. I understand that it will be a long time before the swelling is gone, but how long will it be before I can go out of the house without looking freakish and attracting stares? I feel better than I thought I would - no pain - but I look much worse. I didn't comprehend how bad the swelling and bruising would be. I have appointments next week and I'm thinking I may have to cancel them and plan on holing up in the house, but for how long?

What to Expect after the Permalip Procedure

+2

Your lips look good and quite normal after the Permalip procedure.

Bruising resolves nicely by a week or so, but lipstick can hide the bruising to some extent.  Swelling has reduced by 5 days, and ice and/or steroid treatment can reduce and limit swelling.   It would be best to follow the recommendations of your doctor.

Best wishes!

Web reference: http://www.drbresnick.com/lip-augmentation-los-angeles/

Permalip results

+2

I predict that you will be very pleased with your results. Post-operative swelling and especially bruising are highly variable. The good news for you is that you have minimal bruising . Regarding when you can go out, it of course depends on your personal comfort level. You may be swollen for 2 weeks or more but you should feel comfortable going out before that. Cold packs really do help.

Austin Dermatologic Surgeon