How Long After PermaLip Before I Can out in Public? (photo)

I had my implants yesterday. I understand that it will be a long time before the swelling is gone, but how long will it be before I can go out of the house without looking freakish and attracting stares? I feel better than I thought I would - no pain - but I look much worse. I didn't comprehend how bad the swelling and bruising would be. I have appointments next week and I'm thinking I may have to cancel them and plan on holing up in the house, but for how long?

What to Expect after the Permalip Procedure

Your lips look good and quite normal after the Permalip procedure.

Bruising resolves nicely by a week or so, but lipstick can hide the bruising to some extent.  Swelling has reduced by 5 days, and ice and/or steroid treatment can reduce and limit swelling.   It would be best to follow the recommendations of your doctor.

Best wishes!

16633 Ventura Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 91436

Permalip results

I predict that you will be very pleased with your results. Post-operative swelling and especially bruising are highly variable. The good news for you is that you have minimal bruising . Regarding when you can go out, it of course depends on your personal comfort level. You may be swollen for 2 weeks or more but you should feel comfortable going out before that. Cold packs really do help.

William M. Ramsdell, MD
Austin Dermatologic Surgeon

102 Westlake Dr
Austin, TX 78746

How Long After PermaLip Before I Can out in Public?

Thank you for your question. Following implantation with the PermaLip (Perma Facial) implant, some degree of swelling is expected. Swelling typically reaches a maximum within about 24 hours following the procedure, then improves daily so that it is mostly (but not entirely) resolved by 7 days after the procedure. Most people feel comfortable being seen in public by about 7-10 days following the procedure. However, final resolution of the swelling takes a little longer. Speak with your surgeon about measures that you may consider taking to facilitate resolution of the swelling.

James M. Pearson, MD

9735 Wilshire Blvd
Beverly Hills, CA 90212