Dizziness After Rhinoplasty, Is this Normal?

I just had my rhinoplasty 3 days ago. The first 2 days I felt fantastic. The next two days, not so much. I didn't even take any type of pain medicine. The only thing I've been taking is my antibiotics and arnica. The last couple days I've been feeling dizzy. Is this normal?

Dizzy after rhinoplasty

+1

Dizziness is not 'normal' after rhinoplasty and is most often related to pain medication. Also scoplomine patches for nausea can cause dryness and a dizzy feeling. Dehydration could also be the cause. Drink plenty of fluids, check your medication, and if things persist, check with your doctor.

peterejohnsonmd.com

Dizziness after rhinoplasty

+1

Post op pain meds are some of the most common causes of dizziness.  You may also be dehydrated and need to take adequate fluids.  Generally blood loss with this surgery is not excessive but could be a contributing issue if you were anemic prior to surgery.   See your surgeon so that he can evaluate you.  Donald R. Nunn MD  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

Donald Nunn, MD

Dizziness after rhinoplasty

+1
I would make an appointment and see your Plastic Surgeon right away and discuss your symptoms. It is not uncommon to feel some slight dizziness after surgery however this is usually related to pain medication and post anesthesia medications and usually subsides rather then increasing in nature. Best regards!

Michael Elam, MD

Dizziness after rhinoplasty

+1

Dizziness after surgery can be caused by a lot of different things.  Dehydration is one and pain medication is another.  You should check with your surgeon to be evaluated.