6 Week Post Op Pain, Roof of Mouth Still Throbs, is this Normal?

The inside roof of my mouth still throbs 6 weeks later rhino/septo and one nostral swells normal?

Roof of mouth pain

+1

This is an unusual complication of septorhinoplasty.  There may be some nerve injury causing your pain.  Let your surgeon know the issues and examine you to help determine the cause.  Donald R. Nunn MD  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

Palate Pain 6 Weeks Post Rhinoplasty

+1

The pain you describe is very rare but is caused by irritation of the nerves at the base of your septum and deep in the palate during the septoplasty. This will probably pass but at this stage I would consult with your surgeon.

Is pain in the mouth normal after rhinoplasty?

+1

The pain that occurs in the roof of the mouth is caused by irritation of the nerves.  These pass from the nose to the palate just behind the front teeth.  When significant work needs to be done at the the very front of the septum, these nerves can be injured leading to pain or numbness.  This should gradually go away but at 6 weeks, it may be worth treating.

Minneapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon