Concerns About VelaShape Bruising & Procedures? (photo)

I purchased VelaShape to smooth-out saddle bags and the inner knee area. At my last session the technician spent only 3 minutes on each area (4 total), and the discomfort was minimal. Today I had a different technician. It was very uncomfortable (from pressure, not from heat), and the entire area on my thigh that was worked on is horribly bruised. I'm seriously beginning to wonder if these "techs" know what they are doing. Can anyone out there offer insight?

VelaShape Works for Cellulite

+3

Velashape uses three modalities to target unwanted cellulite. Radio Frequency, Infrared Heat, and Massage. The bruising you have experienced is normal, as the massage rollers use a light vacuum to pull the tissue towards the heat source inside of the applicator. The goal while using the Velashape is to get the area(s) Heated to a certain temperature. This generally takes 15-20 minutes depending on the size of the area being treated. There are different levels of massage and the levels can be adjusted to the patients comfort. I would ask to speak to the manager of the clinic and explain the inconsistencies in your treatments so they can resolve the issue. When the treatment becomes uncomfortable due to the massage, just tell the provider so they can adjust the settings.

Rogers Dermatologist

VelaShape Recovery and Bruising

+1

It is not uncommon to have swelling and possibly some bruising following VelaShape.  With time it will resolve.

Craig Mezrow, MS, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon