When Can You Sunbathe in Natural Sunlight After a Velashape Treatment?

when can you sunbath in natural sunlight after a velashape treatment? I swim almost everyday in an outside pool and sometimes I lay out in the sun (with high sunscreen of course.) I am getting velashape in the abs area.

Velashape III and sunbathing - Buffalo Niagara, NY

I recommend that you wait 2-3 weeks before you go under the sun to tan. The IR component of Velashape III delivers energy to skin structures and additional sun exposure can prolong the inflammatory process and tissue healing, causing unnecessary swelling of superficial skin structures. 

Buffalo General Surgeon

5225 Sheridan Drive
Williamsville, NY 14221

Sun Exposure After Velashape

Thank you for your question. I would recommend waiting at least 3 weeks to suntan. I hope this helps.

Vivek Bansal, MD
Danville Plastic Surgeon

360 Rose Ave
Danville, CA 94526

Sunlight after Velashape

Velashape has a heat component to it, but it's not an actual laser or light that is attracted to pigment changes or irregularities. This is why the machine can be used on skin of any color. Thus, you can have a suntan and be treated. Though if you have a sunburn, I'd think the treatment with the suction and rollers could be painful!

F. Victor Rueckl, MD

8937 W Sahara Ave
Las Vegas, NV 89117