When Can You Sunbathe in Natural Sunlight After a Velashape Treatment?

when can you sunbath in natural sunlight after a velashape treatment? I swim almost everyday in an outside pool and sometimes I lay out in the sun (with high sunscreen of course.) I am getting velashape in the abs area.

Sun Exposure After Velashape

+1
Thank you for your question. I would recommend waiting at least 3 weeks to suntan. I hope this helps.

Danville Plastic Surgeon

Sunlight after Velashape

+1

Velashape has a heat component to it, but it's not an actual laser or light that is attracted to pigment changes or irregularities. This is why the machine can be used on skin of any color. Thus, you can have a suntan and be treated. Though if you have a sunburn, I'd think the treatment with the suction and rollers could be painful!

F. Victor Rueckl, MD