Ask a doctor

What Kind of Training or Certification is Required to Perform Velashape on Patients?

Could you tell me what type of training / certification is required to operate the VelaShape on a patient? Thank you in advance for your time.

Doctor Answers (2)

Certification to Perform Velashape

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Thank you for your question. Training or Certification to perform Velashape depends entirely on your state and license board I hope this helps.

Danville Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 10 reviews

Velashape training

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Velashape is a medical laser so any operator must operate under the license of a physician. Formal training is best done by the manufacturer of the machine - Syneron - and then they send you a certificate of completion; this training can be done in your actual office, or Syneron periodically offers training at their facility in Irvine, CA. However, in-office training by your physician may also be done, and there are online programs available through the physician portal on the Syneron website.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD
Las Vegas Dermatologist
4.5 out of 5 stars 9 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.