Deep Grooves in Corners of Mouth? (photo)

I am in my late sixties. Had a face lift in 1997 but am now concerned about the ugly grooves turning downward on the corners of my mouth. I would like to know the most effective treatment. Would like to know the most effective and cost effective treatment. Thanks Anne

Marionette Lines

+1

These down turned corners and shadows Mary you look a bit grumpy even when you feel good. Using fillers such as Restylane or Juvederm is the easiest, cost effective, and most natural look in most cases. It is also very safe, and can be individualized. 

Baltimore Facial Plastic Surgeon

Groove along side of mouth

+1

Thanks for the photos, but it is hard to see from this view. You might benefit from another facelift with or without facial filler or fat injections.  Best to be seen in person.

Fillers for the Corner of the Mouth

+1

HA fillers like Restylane and Juvederm can be used to give a lift to the corners of the mouth.  This is probably the most cost effective and least fraught with complications.

Treatment of grooves at the corner of the mouth

+1

Thanks for your question.  Deep grooves at the corner of the mouth do well with Restylane.  It is pretty simple, takes just a few minutes in the office, and creates an immediate improvement.  Excision of the tissue, such as a lip corner lift, results in visible scars on the sides of the mouth which can take a long time to improve.  I typically just treat these depressions with fillers and reserve excision for when the filler just doesn't give the desired improvement.  Good luck.

Jason E. Leedy, MD
Cleveland Plastic Surgeon