Can I Use Fillers for a Nose Job and Chin Augmentation? (photo)

For my nose I just want it between my eyes because I think it would soften my profile and I just want a little more definition in my chin. I attached a before picture of me and an after picture that I did using a plastic surgery simulator online. Do you think this could happen using fillers by looking at the photos? Also what would the cost be and what type of filler would you recommend and how long would that filler last? What is the youngest age you can be to have this done? Thanks!

Updated: How much would it cost if i just did the nose fillers?

Can filler be used to augment a chin or nose?

+1

A filler is an excellent way to augment the nose or chin. Here are some things to consider:

• filler is  temporary and can give you a preview of a possible surgical fix
  • implants and surgery are hard to correct if you don't like the result
  • hyaluronic acid fillers are always reversible if you don't like the result
  • filler, though temporary, can be very long-lasting in both of these areas
  • it often lasts well beyond a year, as these sites are relatively immobile, making this option cost-effective
  • at the base, or "root" of the nose, a hyaluronic acid filler is safest because it is reversible
  • always have a very experienced physician do your injection, one who understands the anatomy and risks of injecting the nose area

San Antonio Dermatologic Surgeon

Fillers for Nose & Chin Augmentation?

+1

This is a great question that will stimulate some controversial answers. As surgeons, and some non-surgeons, find out what the risks and limitations of fillers are we still have to advise our patients of what has worked best historically. The changes you seek can be done efficiently and permanently with fairly simple surgical procedures. These are time tested and safe. The use of fillers is not based on long term results, and there have been some significant complications, particularly in the nose. Most FDA approved fillers can be used "off-label" if a doctor decides it is in the patient's best interest. There are no FDA approved uses for fillers in the nose or chin. The other issue is cost. Fillers will last at most about one year, then you must redo the procedure or lose the effect. This can cost many thousands of dollars over a few years. The surgical cost is more up front, and there is a recovery period, but you will spend less over time. Make sure you seek advice from doctors who are able to perform both fillers and nasal/chin surgery. Many non-surgeons will only recommend the fillers, which may not be in your best interest.

Ira D. Papel, MD
Baltimore Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fillers for Chin and Nose Augmentation

+1

The filler would be appropriate for the nose softening and the chin augmentation as well.   However, you would be better served financially with a chin implant rather than spend your money on a huge volume of filler to get that degree of improvement.  Radiesse injected directly on the bone works well

Chin augmentation with implant can be done for $3000 to $4000.  Radiesse is variable, but $750 per syringe is reasonable.  You may need 4 of those syringes to get that degree of improvement in the chin, and this will not be permanent.

Fillers for chin and radix

+1

Fillers can be used to slightly augment the chin and nasal radix. This can be a reasonable temporary option for patients.