Cyst on Lower Eyelid.

A cyst developed on lower eyelid after surgery and Dr. said it would go away but it has been a year and it is still there. Should the dr. that did the surgery remove it and what is involved and should he charge me since it is from the surgery? Also will the cyst keep growing?

Eyelid Surgery

+1

A cyst can occur after surgery  on the eyelids as suture is used, and there are many tiny glands present.  When a suture is used, and a knot is formed to close your skin, a micro gland may be pinched closed, and when the suture is removed, the gland fails to open back up.  This is a risk to all who have the procedure, and can happen to any surgeon.  This is just one of the risks of surgery.  The cyst may go away, stay the same size, or get bigger.  Ask your doctor to remove the cyst and you can submit it to insurance.  Just be sure to get authorization from your insurance.

Web reference: http://www.elitemdspa.info/

Danville Plastic Surgeon

Eyelid margin cyst after blepharoplasty

+1
It is not uncommon for patients to develop milia or cysts at the margin, where sutures were placed. Depending on the nature of the lesion, it could be unroofed or removed. Generally, milia do not grow but a cyst can become infected. I would encourage you to return to your surgeon for evaluation and treatment. Unroofing a milia is extremely minor and I would be surprised if you were charged a fee for this, although every doctor has different policies after the initial followup period. Cyst removal would be covered by your health insurance.

Cyst on the eyelid...

+1

A cyst that has been present for a year will probably need to be removed.  The cyst could grow if left untreated.  It is difficult to say whether the cyst is from the surgery or it developed naturally, but the best thing to do is discuss it with your surgeon.  If your surgeon is comfortable removing it then he should proceed.  If not then seek out a surgeon specializing in eyelid plastic surgery and reconstruction.

Edison Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lid cysts after blepharoplasy are common and easy to fix

+1

Eyelid margin cysts occur commonly after blepharoplasty because the skin heals so fast.  They can be unroofed painlessly with little or no anesthesia.  I would see your surgeon first.  He or she will probably not charge you if the problem is what I suspect and if I understand what you are describing.

Nashua Plastic Surgeon

Cyst on Lower Eyelid.

+1

If the cyst is present after 1 year, then it will not likely go away.  Every office has different policies in whether they would do something like this for free.  The best thing to do is ask your surgeon.  If he feels that it is not from the surgery, then it should be biopsied as well.  If it is a cyst in the suture line, then it is much easier to handle.

Web reference: http://www.neweyelids.com/

Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Persistent Cyst Should be Diagnosed/Removed

+1

While many "cysts" on the eyelid resolve on there own, one that has persisted for a year should be properly evaluated by your surgeon and removed.

Whether the surgeon would charge for removing the cyst varies among practices.

Web reference: http://www.drzwiebel.com

Denver Plastic Surgeon

Cyst on Lower Eyelid

+1

Majority of lower eyelid cysts after eyelid surgery are inclusion cysts and very small. These can be taken care of by your surgeon or any specialist who perform these surgeries. Without a photograph, there will be speculations about its nature and many different suggestions.

Web reference: http://www.cosmeticsurgery4you.com

Huntington Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Cyst post blepharoplasty

+1

You need to have the cyst removed.

Cysts are common following blepharoplasty. They usually go away on their own, but after one year you need to have it removed. Your surgeon should be able to remove it under local anesthesia. As for charge, it really depends on your surgeon. 

Eyelid cyst

+1

The cyst might be related to the surgery or it may not be.  Cysts on the eyelids can form from various causes.  If it hasn't resolved after a year, it is likely to go away.  It should be evaluated and biopsied or excised. Consult your surgeon or an oculoplastic surgeon.

Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Cyst on eyelid after surgery

+1

Unfortunately, cyst formation after blepheroplasty is not uncommon. I watch these for a short time to be sure the defect is not just resloving incision scar. If it is clearly a cyst local uncapping almost always works I would not charge>

Web reference: http://www.drbray.com