Cosmetic Tattooing on Lip POST Juvederm?

I got juvederm injected in my lip one week ago. I have some small small scar tissue on my lower lip and would like to cover it with cosmetic lip tattoo. Is it safe post juvederm? If so, how long after the injection? B

Tattooing of Lip after Juvederm Injection

+1

Give about 2 weeks at least after Juvederm.  The bruising and swelling should be gone after the Juvederm injection before considering the tattoo.

Lip tattoos and juvderm

+1

Dear bb,

• The swelling goes down after 2 weeks, but it is more prudent to wait a month just to be sure since the tattoo is permanent
  • Be aware that eating highly salted foods can make the lips swell a little more

Best regards,

Nima Shemirani

Nima Shemirani, MD

Cosmetic Tattooing after Juvederm

+1

This is tough to answer without knowing your tattoo artist. I've seen people have permanent cosmetics done about 2 weeks after filler, and be totally fine, because the technician knew how to do it correctly and really good, and how to work in conjunction with a filler. I've also seen people go in for their lips and have the filler look terrible afterwards, as the PC technician went way too deep and totally ruined and affected the Juvederm. So, my short answer is this: make sure your PC artist knows about your filler and has experience tattooing over fillers. If not, don't do it!

F. Victor Rueckl, MD

Cosmetic tatoo after lip injections

+1

For my patients, I recommend waiting 2 weeks.  This amount of time will allow resolution of any swelling. 

Cynthia Golomb, MD
Miami Beach Dermatologist

Is cosmetic tattooing OK on lips 1 week after Juvederm?

+1

It's a good idea to be sure the swelling is gone and there is no bruising on your lips when you attempt permanent make up.  Tattooing shouldn't  hurt the Juvederm but you do want to be sure you can see the lip tissue and outline without distortion

Sam Naficy, MD