Juvederm in Nose Nightmare?

It's been 2 1/2 months since this horrible juvederm injections in my nose . Which resulted in a wider nose . I have bad allergies and I blow my nose Alot . When I got the juvederm I believe it shifted due to my nose blowing and hand manipulations on my nose . Can it have migrated ? I still feel hardness in my nose . I've had hylauronidase injected to get rid of it and honestly I don't think my dr injected enough . He says he's afraid to inject too much that holes can result . Will it EVER leave ?

Juvederm in Nose

+1

If Juvederm is not in the right place, the hyaluronidase is reasonable.  More may be needed.  Get a second opinion, if necessary.

Juvederm in Nose

+1

I have injected countless people with fillers in the nose including juvederm, restylane and radiesse. While I've never had any problems, it sounds like you may want to seek a second opinion and may need a higher concentration of hyaluronidase injected. Speak with a dermatologist or plastic surgeon experienced with this great antidote.

Benjamin Barankin, MD
Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

Juvederm in nose nightmare?

+1

A photo would be very helpful to see what you are talking about but generally speaking Juvederm is a soft gel so it doesn't hold a ridged shape especially with manipulation. But as a HA filler it is one of the most forgiving types because it can be dissolved with Hyaluronidase.  If you are unhappy with your results ask to have it dissovled.  You may need to seek another provider if necessary.

Sam Naficy, MD

Juvederm in nose

+1

If you pressed hard on your nose directly after the injections, then yes, you could have moved the Juvederm. Using Juvederm in the nose is "off label" though many of the uses we have for fillers is technically "off label". Sometimes you need a few rounds of hyaluronidase to get rid of HA filler depending on how much was used and where it was placed. A good injector wouldn't cause "holes" as hyalurondise destroys non-natural HA, like Juvederm. Another round of hyaluronidase is most likely in order. And yes, it will also leave over time, as all HA fillers do, most likely within a year.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD

Juvederm in nose

+1

Juvederm in or on the nose is an off label treatment and if you have any problems with this area I would suggest you consider a second opinion.

Steven Hacker, MD
West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Problem after Juvederm to nose

+1

Juvederm normally dissolves completely over time.  There are areas on the face where Juvederm typically lasts longer than others.  I would say that the nose is one of the places that Juvederm could last longer, but I would say it should be gone by one to two years at most.  It would be unusual for the Juvederm to migrate, even with your manipulation.  Hyaluronidase injection normally should be able to dissolve the Juvederm fairly soon after it is injected.  You might consider contacting your treating physician again to see if further treatment would be indicated.

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon