1 Month After CoolSculpting I can Feel a Ridge Across my Upper Abs, is this Normal?

I had CoolSculpting 4 weeks ago.  I have a ridge across my upper abs about 3 inches long.  It is a bump I can feel, but is not visible. What could it possibly be?

Ridge after CoolSculpting

+1
Typically, there is minimal to no downtime after the treatment though patients may experience temporary pain or discomfort. Side effects can include redness, bruising, swelling, tenderness to the touch, cramping, itching, tingling, and numbness. Numbness can persist up to several weeks after a procedure. The side effect you seem to be experiencing is swelling, which should go away in the next 1-2 months. I would suggest consulting with the physician who performed the treatment so that he or she can pinpoint the cause of the issue. Best of luck.

Palpable ridge after Coolsculpting.....

+1

This is probably still due to swelling from the procedure.  This procedure kills some of your fat cells.  Your body's inflammatory process then removes them.  I would recommend massage of this area as the process continues. By 3-4 months it will likely be gone.  Discuss this with your treating physician.

Daniel P. Markmann, MD

CoolSculpting of the abdomen

+1

A ridge you feel indicates there is a firmness that is not visible. This may be an inflammatory reaction to the dead fat cells. It may take time, many months, for this to go away. You should be seen by your physician for an examination and clarification / reassurance. Your physician may recommend some treatment to make the firmness feel softer, sooner.

Ronald Shelton, MD