I Have an AICD is It Safe to Go Through the CoolSculpting Procedure?

CoolSculpting and automatic implanted defibrillators

+1

As the electronics are within the Zeltiq unit, the freezing plates do not deliver electricity to a patient so that the defibrillator probably would not be affected by the mere freezing of the skin. However, the doctor consulted to do the treatment can check with the scientific research division of Zeltiq prior to doing the CoolSculpting.

AICD and Coolsculpting

+1

I have not seen any studies in regards to this specifically but I do not think that this is a contraindication to the procedure. I would also suggest that you speak to your cardiologist prior to receiving the treatment.\

Should be safe but speak to your cardiologist first

+1

i cannot see why coolsculpting would not be safe for you, but just to be safe i would check with your cardiologist.  you will probably have to explain to him what coolsculpting is.  there is no electrical charge and therefore the procedure should not affect your aicd.  plus the treatment site should be well away from the hardware.

Eric Chang, MD