Compression Garments and Travel After Surgery?

I had a tummy tuck and lipo to flanks. I will be taking a 5 hour flight at 4 weeks post-op. I am wearing a post-surgical compression garment. Can this actually cause a higher risk of DVT? Would you recommend leg compression while flying, or removing compression garment? I am aware of other risk factors, but I have no increased risks other than being 46 years old. Also, the return flight is 2 days before my next surgery which is breast lift/augmentation, arm lipo/lift with minimal incision.

Compression Garments To Travel After Surgery

+1

If you are going to be in a sitting position sometimes compression garments can squeeze the insides of your thigh by your groin causing compression on the greater veins in that area causing possible clotting, therefore, I would probably not wear them as you travel and I would only wear them as you travel and I would only wear them after you get to your destination. 

Air Travel 4 weeks after tummy tuck

+1

If you are 4 weeks out from tummy tuck and lipo you are probably fine. I would recommend when you travel on the airplane getting up from your seat and walking around about every 30-40 minutes on your 5 hour flight.  Do not simply stay in your seat and sleep!    It is also good to do "gas pedals" with your ankles all the time when you are on your flight, which basically means flexing and extending your ankles.  You don't need any leg compression.  With no other risk factors you should be fine. Good luck!

Web reference: http://www.boyntonplasticsurgery.com