Is it common practice to charge for correcting asymmetry in Lip Augmentation with fillers. (photo)

I've had my lips augmented with filler for many years. A week ago I went to a doctor closer to home for the first time. I'm very unhappy with the result and when I called in they told me it would cost more to have my lips corrected. I would understand this if it was me being unhappy with volume. The doctor used one full juvederm syringe. However there is filler on my left-side of my upper lip that is absent completely on the other side. Is it common practice to charge for corrections?

Cost for revision of injectables

Your question is actually an excellent question.  The patient pays for a full syringe of product and then notices that there is an asymmetry.  Who is to cover the cost of this asymmetry?  In an ideal world, these and all other questions would be resolved prior to the injection occurring, but then every treatment in the plastic surgeon's office would be like a real estate closing.

Every office, without exception, has this problem from time to time.

Most offices will charge the patient for additional filler and use the remainder of the syringe in other areas of the face so it is not wasted.  After all, the office must pay for the syringe themselves, and if you look closely enough, things are never truly symmetrical.  At least I have yet to see a face that was perfectly symmetrical.

It is very rare that filler must be dissolved.

For minor asymmetries of Botox that are still present at one week, we don't charge for the patient, but again every doctor has his or her own policy.

Depends on injector

This really depends on the injector's payment policy. Everywhere is different. I'm sorry to hear that you had a negative experience but unfortunately, it appears that you will have to pay for revision here.

Filler issue for lips

Charging for issues related to your lips depends upon what is going to be done to balance them out.  If you want more filler in the depressed area, I would think that you will need to pay for it.  As for dissolving the product, that is up to the discretion of your doctor.  Good luck.