Day 2 of lip injections and pretty swollen. Will pure aloe help? Any recommendations? (Photo)

I had lip injections yesterday night and I'm pretty swollen the following day. I know swelling last for about 4 days but what can I do to recuse swelling? I heard pure aloe can help? I have an aloe plant and was wondering if I should apply some gel onto my lips. Any further tips? Thanks

Dealing with swelling

+1
If the swelling persists after a week or so, please see your injector.

In the meantime, you can use cool, soft, flexible ice packs (or small packs of frozen peas) to keep the swelling down. Place the ice pack on the treated area(s) for 15-20 minutes at a time, 3 or 4 times per day. Do not keep it on for too long to minimize the risk of frostbite (since your lips may be numb you won't be able to feel the cold as much). Keep your head elevated and use several pillows at night to help diminish the swelling.  Arnica may also be used. 

Arnica Montana

+1
For all procedures in our office, we always recommend that patients take Arnica (pineapple extract). We have seen this to noticeably reduce swelling and bruising. Sometimes, we even tell patients to eat half a pineapple the day before surgery!

Anna I. Wooten, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon