How Long After Receiving Deep FX Can I Begin Using Makeup?

I've Had Combo FX 5 Days Ago. After 7 Days if the Crust is Off, Am I Healed? Can I then Begin Using Makeup?

Wearing Makeup after Deep FX

+1
For most patients, they will be able to wear makeup about 7-10 days after the treatment, depending on how the face is healing from the procedure. I would ask your doctor during your follow up appointments to make sure that it is OK to start applying makeup. Your skin takes a full 28 days to completely heal so it is best to be gentle.

San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

+1
Thank you for your question. Usually 10-14 days when you only have redness, or pink skin is a good time to start applying a mineral makeup, no foundations. I hope this helps.

Vivek Bansal, MD
Danville Plastic Surgeon

Back to your routine with makeup

+1

Makeup can safely be applied once the outer layer of the skin is intact.  An easy way to tell is if the skin is no longer wet or weeping.  Peeling of the outer layer will make application of your make-up harder so it is best to wait till this has passed.  This usually takes about 5 days depending on your healing, the energy settings, and the preparation of your skin & its condition prior to the treatment.  If your peeling is incomplete there are special creams to help polish this off which you can obtain from your treating physician. Dilute acetic acid washes can also help.  With the newer laser treatments such as Active FX or Deep FX your recovery can be faster and safer with less down time. Best of luck to you! 

Dean Johnston, MD FACS 

Dean L. Johnston, MD

Deep Fx takes a week to heal.

+1

I see my Active Fx, Deep Fx patients at day 2, day 5 and day 8.  On day 8 we do a hydrating treatment that revitalizes the healing skin. 90% of patients are given the go ahead to wear make up at that time.  I always see my patients because in 10% of people it may be prudent to wait another day or two before returning to makeup.

Susan Van Dyke, MD
Paradise Valley Dermatologic Surgeon

Mineral Makeup after Deep FX

+1

I usually allow patients to use mineral makeup 4-5 days after a Deep FX or Total FX treatment. The most important thing is that the crusts have completely fallen off and there are no signs of infection before you start applying makeup. My patients are seen in followup 5 days after the procedure to assess their healing and are given clearance to wear makeup.

Sumit Bapna, MD
Columbus Facial Plastic Surgeon

You can start wearing makeup as soon as the all the crusting is gone

+1

If you only had a DeepFX treatment then you should be fine to wear makeup when the crusts have fallen off-usually 5-7 days. We advise patients to use powder based makeup products and not rub their skin for several weeks after the laser treatment. Hope this helps.

Ivan Wayne, MD
Oklahoma City Facial Plastic Surgeon

Using Makeup after Deep FX

+1

Deep FX treatments, the down time is usually seven days. We do have a similar type of laser in our office, usually are patients are able to put a foundation and more makeup around seven days after the procedure.

S. Ozan Sozer, MD
El Paso Plastic Surgeon