Which is Better: Deep FX or Fraxel Re:pair?

in the terms of recovering of acne scarring, recovery time, effectiveness, safety, price, and any other important things to know.Thank you

DeepFX vs. Fraxel

+2

My experience is with DeepFX and I think that it works great for acne scars. If you are able to blend it with ActiveFx at the same time, then you may get the best result.

The most important thing is to look for a board certified Facial Plastic Surgeon that has done a good amount of resurfacing. The laser does not matter that much, it is the experience of the surgeon what will give you the best result. Hope this helps.

Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Depends on what you are trying to achieve

+1
Laser treatment depends on two main factors- the laser machine, but most importantly the laser operator- Deep Fx is the Gold Standard for deep scars and burn scars. Fraxel is a good all round laser, we have 2 Fraxels but I prefer the CO2 CORE by Candela.

Bottom line- if you have deep acne scars or atrophic / rolling scars, then the Fx is the way to go.

Hope that helps,

Dr Davin Lim
Cosmetic and Laser Dermatologist
Brisbane,Gold Coast
Australia

Davin Lim, MBBS, FACD
Brisbane Dermatologist

Is DeepFX or Fraxel re:pair fractional CO2 laser resurfacing better?

+1

I've compared all the different fractional and fractional CO2 lasers.  Fractional CO2 lasers work better than the older Fraxel lasers.  There are many different brands of fractional CO2 lasers and they are not the same nor produce the same level of results.  Some fractional CO2 lasers are definitely more effective than others.  The most powerful fractional CO2 laser is produced by Lumenis and they have several different types:  ActiveFX, DeepFX, PigmentFX, TotalFX, MaxFX, and AccuPulse.  The DeepFX is the best for acne scarring because it has the deepest penetrating laser beam and highest energy.  The results can be improved by combining ActiveFX with DeepFX which is called Total FX.  The AccuPulse is the cheaper version of the ActiveFX/DeepFX but is lower power and not as versatile as the ActiveFX/DeepFX.  The Fraxel re:pair is a much lower power fractional CO2 that does not produce the same level of results as the DeepFX.  There may be slightly more intense redness with DeepFX compared to Fraxel re:pair.  The cost is comparable.  Many of the other competing fractional CO2 lasers are much lower power and less effective than the Lumenis DeepFX/ActiveFX/TotalFX.

M. Christine Lee, MD
Walnut Creek Dermatologic Surgeon

Laser resurfacing using Deep/Active Fx, Fraxel Repair, Mixto etc

+1

All Fractional CO2 lasers, approved by the F.D.A. share more similarities than disparities in terms of efficacy and risks. The key is to sought out an experienced laser surgeon with the experience to treat your skin type as he or she can help you decide how many passes you need, depth of laser penetration and amount of energy released by the laser. Ideally a pre-treatment and post-treatment skin care routine should be customized for your specific skin types and priorities depending on whether or not that you are acne prone, pigmentation prone, etc.

William Ting, MD
Bay Area Dermatologic Surgeon