How Long is Chin Implant Pain Normal?

It has been almost a week since I got chin implant, and although I am not in as much pain as I was right after surgery, I am still in enough pain that it is difficult to eat. I am just hoping that this is normal and not permanent. Can I expect this residual pain to go away eventually?

Pain after chin implant lasts a couple of weeks

+4

As far as the pain after chin implant, it really depends on individual, but on average should subside after a week or so. You still might feel some sensitivity after that at the site of implantation, which is normal. It is important to take regularly recommended by your surgeon pain medication and follow his instructions to keep the incisions clean. Be alert; any redness and swelling might be a sign of an infection. In that case, contact your surgeon immediately. Pain could be a serious sign of malposition of implant and pinching on the nerve.

2-3 weeks of chin pain after augmentation

+3
The pain tends to subside over the first two to three weeks after the surgery. The reason that the chin implant is painful is that it was placed on the bone underneath the periosteum. When implants are placed on the bone, the swelling, edema, and pain takes longer to heal and settle down. The pain usually disappears completely at approximately one month after the surgery. For more information about chin implants and our chin implant photo gallery, please see the link below

Web reference: http://www.chincheekimplantsseattle.com

Pain after chin surgery

+3

This is not unusual and will likely settle over the next week.

You did not mention if you underwent neck liposuction at the same time but this is a similar combinatio of procedures to perform. It is not unusual to hurt more in the week after liposuction is performed due to the recovery of the nerves and sensations of "pins and needles" with hypersensitivity called dysesthesias which is similar to the painful way your leg wakes up after being asleep.

Take your tylenol or prescribed pain medication as recommended and follow your physician's instructions regarding activity limitations.

It is also not unusual around 2-3 weeks after surgery to experience tightness in the neck and jaw area from the scar tissue (good scar tissue) which is the result of liposuction to improve the neck contour.

Chin Implant Pain

+2

The pain usually tends to subside in the first 2-3 weeks post op. It
really depends on the client however and if the incisions are kept
clean to minimize infection.

"Dr.D"

Web reference: http://www.capefearaesthetics.com/details/plastic+surgery-19/

Fayetteville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Residual chin implant pain will subside with time

+1

Chin implants are an important procedure performed to normalize facial proportions. Generally, the placement of chin implants is performed through a submental incision under anesthesia. After surgery, you may experience residual pain and discomfort associated with the surgery and also straining of the mentalis muscle. This will subside with time and acclimation of the muscle and chin implant.

Web reference: http://www.surgery90210.com/face/26/chin-augmentation.aspx