Can a Chin Implant Make Facial Muscle Cramps Worse?

It is very common for me to get muscle cramps right underneath my chin. The muscles there just ball up and hurt and then I rub the cramp out. Will the doctor cut into this muscle to insert the implant, or is the implant placed more on the front of your chin rather than underneath it? What will the cramps be like if I have an implant in there? Will they be worse? Thanks for any info you can offer up.

Some patients develop spasms following chin implants

+2

A Chin implant is placed in a pocket under the muscle. In some cases following chin implant placement patients could develop muscle spasms due to stretch of the muscle over the new implant. In your case i would not be surprised if that occurs as well. It is hard to tell if your cramps will get worse.

Facial cramps and chin implant

+1

It is hard to predict but the chin implant is placed deep to the muscle and does stretch out the muscle and it is possible that it may make your pain worse.

Sam Naficy, MD

No effect on facial muscle cramps

+1

A chin implant has no effect on facial muscle cramps. The chin implant is placed underneath the skin and muscle and the periosteum. It is placed directly on the bone, completely underneath the muscle, and it will have no effect on facial muscle cramps.