Will Chin Implant Cause Cancer?

Just a random question I wanna to ask , I want to get a chin implant but I haven't made a decision yet because I still worry about the complications and risks ... Sr for my bad English , I'm French , thank all doctors !!

No chin implant will not cause cancer

+2

Dear Frank, The answer is "no"  a chin implant will not cause cancer. I have been providing chin augmentation for my patients for over 30 years and the procedure has an extremely high level of patient satisfaction with a minimal downtime and limited risks and complications when done properly. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Will chin implant cause cancer?

+2

A chin implant will not cause cancer.  The main risks to the placement of a chin implant would be swelling or bruising, which would be temporary.  It is possible to get some numbness on the chin and lower lip, which could be temporary or permanent if the sensory nerve is damaged during the procedure.  Other potential risks would include infection and the possibility of the implant not being in the desired position.  Chin augmentation is a fairly common surgical procedure and the large majority of them do not have any significant complications.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Will chin implant cause cancer?

+1

A chin implant will not cause any type of cancer. When performed properly by a highly skilled and board certified plastic surgeon, a chin implant can yield a fantastic result that patients are very happy with. When looking for a surgeon, be sure they are board certified, have a good amount of before and after photos demonstrating their work, and have fantastic patient testimonials. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Chin Implant and Cancer Risk

+1

There is no evidence that a chin implant surgery has a link to cancer.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Silastic chin implants are not associated with causing cancer.

+1

Rubberized silicone chin implants have a long track record of safety, and have been used successfully since the 1970s for chin augmentation. The shapes of the implants have changed, but the silicone remains the same, and these implants are not associated with any systemic disease processes to the best of my knowledge.

All the best.

Dr. Joseph

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Chin implant does not cause cancer

+1

Chin implants are composed of  Silastic  which is inert.   Chin implants simply do not cause cancer. Chin implants are placed through a submental incision and can be done under local anesthesia.

Chin Implants Will Not Cause Cancer

+1

No type of face or body implant, silicone or otherwise, has ever been known to cause cancer. Certainly a chin implant will not.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD