Oily Nose After Rhinoplasty?

Its been a month since my rhinoplasty and since the cast removal my nose has been extremely oily. I have tried just about anything as far as makeup/facial and although it starts off oil free by mid day its so oily that I have to clean my nose. Is it normal? My normal skin is normal and in the summer it will get a little oily in T-zones but nothing like this. Is there something I can do about it? Will it go back to normal at some point? Any products I can use to minimize oily nose?

Oily Nose after Rhinoplasty

+2

Any patient who has any degree of oily nature to the nose tends have a more oily quality after rhinoplasty in the early recovery period. This is self-limited.

OIly nose after rhinoplasty

+2

It is quite common that during the initial post-op phase after rhinopalsty the nose is oily. It usualy goes back to normal after a few months.  If not, perhaps the office can give you a skin care regimen for the oily  skin.

Oily nose after rhinoplasty

+2

This is a normal issue following rhinoplasty, and nothing to worry about. Your oily skin will improve over time. I would recommend talking to your surgeon about treatment options in the meantime, as he/she may be able to make recommendations and/or refer you to a board certified dermatologist. I hope this helps, and good luck with the remainder of your recovery! 

Web reference: http://www.spaldingplasticsurgery.com/face/rhinoplasty/

Nose are often very oily for even up to a few months after rhinoplasty

+2

First, you nose was under tape for at least a week. That wreaks havoc on young skin. Then you aren't able to cleanse it normally for weeks. Even then the skin has been traumatized and venous drainage compromised for a few months. Ask your doctor or even your friendly neighborhood dermatologist the best products for reducing nasal oil and reducing nasal acne. You might need more aggressive treatments but please avoid anything that uses pressure such as extractions.

Oily skin after nosejob

+2

Very common.  The skin has been traumatized from inside and this is a common response.  I find that the younger the patient and the more Mediterranean origin the more likely they are to have erxcess oil or an acne breakout.  It will go back to normal usually within several months.

Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Oily skin after rhinoplasty is common.

+2

Trauma to the skin, as one would experience with rhinoplasty, triggers a protective response whereby the skin secretes oil (and other changes as well). The skin will return to normal as the swelling subsides.

Web reference: http://www.zubowicz.com/subpag,25-atlanta-rhinoplasty.htm

Oily skin and rhinoplasty

+1

if it has been a month it is unlikely that this is from being undre the splint.  although i agree that skin under the splint often gets very oily.

i would wait about 3 months before you get concerned.

this is usually a self - limiting issue