Can Cellulaze and Lipo Be Done on the Same Area at the Same Time? Thanks to Everyone Who Has Helped with my Questions. (photos)

re: Cellulaze vs Butt-lift, Many have recommended that I have lipo/BBL to shape my behind instead. However, I HATE cellulite. I am wondering if it is possible & advisable to perform Cellulaze and lipo on the same area at the same time, or if it would be better to wait between the procedures (or if we do not yet know if Cellulaze can be safely combined with lipo). Also, is certain type of body/weight more prone to varicose vein side effects from Cellulaze? Your advice is sincerely appreciated.

Update: Photos added

Cellulaze and lipo at the same time

+2

Although you are an excellent candidate for Cellulaze, I would not have it done at the same time.  The BBL might actually resolve some of the cellulite as the fat, if well distributed, will smooth out the contours.  I would wait for several months after the lipo/BBL before working on the cellulite.

Cellulaze and Liposuction Cannot be DOne on the Same area at the same time

+2

Unfortunately, Cellulaze cannot be performed at the same time as liposuction of the same area.  However, if you wanted liposuction of a different area, that could be done at the same time as the Cellulaze procedure.  This is done all the time.  If you were to need liposuction of the same area as an area with cellulite, the procedures should be separated by at least 6 months

Paul M. Glat, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Cellulaze and Smartlipo

+1
Hello. Good question. I have done Cellulaze and SmartLipo in the same areas at the same time with very good results. I have also done Smart Lipo first then followed months later with Cellulaze. If you were to stagger them I would do the lipo first as you may get some improvement in shape with this alone or it may reduce the areas in which you are concerned about having Cellulaze. In my practice in the Bay Area I have come to the conclusion that the happiest patients are those that have realistic expectation on what Cellulaze or Smartlipo can do for them. Hope this helps! Good luck, Dean Vistnes.

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Cellulaze and Smartlipo performed together

+1

Cellulaze and Smartlipo can be done at the same time, but please consult with your surgeon prior to booking your procedure. During your consultation your doctor will tell you which procedure will benefit you and help you to see the best result.

Bruce E. Katz, MD

Lipo and Cellulaze at the same time

+1

Thank you for the pictures!  Cellulaze and liposuction of the same area should not be performed at the same setting.  Liposuction of another area can be performed at the same time as Cellulaze.  You do appear to be a good candidate for Cellulaze.  Depending on how much fat is present, determining which procedure should be done first may be a decision that you make with your board-certified plastic surgeon.  Either way, the procedures should be separated by 3-6 months.  Good luck!

Naveen Setty, MD

Cellulaze and lipo same area same time.

+1

No this concept has been circulating for a few months. The answer is a NO. The Cellulaze treats only subdermally thus to remove subcutaneous fats would defeat the theory of the Cellulaze treatments.