What Should the Measurement Be from the Collar Bone to the Nipple of a 5'6 Tall Woman Thats Not Saggy? (photo)

I just had my boobs redone and I'm very upset how they turned out. I previously had saline 360 cc round implants under the muscle put in almost 10 yrs ago. Then I had a baby and breast feed which made my skin stretch and a little saggy so I had them redone 6 days ago with 500 cc high profile silicone implants hoping they would fill out my loose skin and look a little perkier. Now they look same but just bigger. All same things I hated about them are still there. Should I have gotten a lift?

Concerns after Revisionary Breast Augmentation?

+2

I am sorry to hear about your concerns after revisionary breast surgery.  It sounds like there may have been a breakdown in communication preoperatively when it came to conveying what you “hate” about your breasts.

Generally speaking, you are correct in that the “upsizing” operation that you have had done will simply make your breasts a larger version of where they started from.  Even with manipulation of the breast implant pockets, only minor changes in shape or “sagging” can be achieved.

At this point, given that you are only one week out of surgery, your only recourse is patience and calm/constructive communication with your plastic surgeon 3 to 6 months from now,  if you remain displeased. 

What Should the Measurement Be from the Collar Bone to the Nipple

+1

That measurement is, on average, 20 to 22 cm. It can vary some with height, but also with the position of the breast on the chest wall, which is quite variable. A 20 cc nipple to notch distance can be present on a normal breast, on a sagging breast, or can be too high on occasion. 

Unfortunately, the after picture is small and doesn't enlarge when clicked. 

It sounds like you and your surgeon may not have communicated enough to understand the goals. I would expect an implant to leave a breast of this size to appear to look the same only larger.

I don't see much in the way of excess skin on the preop photo. I do see a breast that appears to be sagging off the implant. If that is what bothered you and still does, the solution would be a breast lift.  The photo in the center simulates a lift as your arms are elevated.  If this looks better to you, consider a lift.  But wait at least 3 months from the recent surgery. 

All the best. 

Breast issues

+1

It sounds like your concerns were not communicated as well as perhaps possible to achiee what you wanted. Best to discuss with your doctor.