Just Downsized Now They Look Like Tennis Balls? (photo)

I didn't realize until I downsized that I should have left mine alone. I went into first surgery unprepared so I thought I'd redo and choose a small implant. My keloid scarring condition gave me pain everyday so I equated pain w large implants. Now I see that the size was fine and that the scar was the problem. I'd rather have larger pretty breasts than small tennis balls. 32A HP 450cc 05/12 silicone to HP 300cc 04/13. Now what do I tell the surgeon? Will he let me go back to big?

Just Downsized

+2

There is no reason why you could switch back to larger implants, but I would strongly hold off for several months before making an impulsive decision. It is so common for patients unhappy with size to become content over the course of a few months that unless there is a question of infection or hematoma, best practice is to enforce a waiting period. 

High profile implants

+2

In my experience, high profile implants result in a more spherical breast which is what you are calling the "tennis ball" look.  I rarely use high profile implants but then again I practice in the Pacific Northwest where we like to look like it could have, on a good day, occurred in nature.

If you were to undergo a third surgery, I would consider using a medium profile implant which won't look so round.

You may want to go online and find a before and after that you like of someone who is of similar age and build.  I find this really helps communication between surgeon and patient. 

Good luck!

Web reference: http://www.sowdermd.com

Smaller breast implants

+2

If you are unhappy with smaller implants, you  may want to talk to your doctor about possibly revising them at a later date.

Disappointed with downsized look

+2

It sounds like a miscommunication between you and your surgeon.  I'm sorry you having to even deal with this.  However, I want to reassure you your downsized look is still quite pleasing.  Unfortunately, to go back up doesn't guarantee you will have what you had as other issues could develop that could affect your final result.  Make sure you really want to pursue the original size due to the costs, risks, and potential complications.

Regret After Downsizing Breast Implants

+2

Dear Hart2Catch,

Breast augmentation is generally safe, but it is still a surgical procedure and not something to take lightly.

It is certainly possible to upsize your current breast implants, but you need to make sure that you are making a careful and thoughtful decision for yourself.

Warmest wishes,

Larry Fan, MD

Web reference: http://www.77plasticsurgery.com

Downsize regrets

+2

You certainly can "go back" to the fuller implants. The HP implant in smaller sizes can indeed look round, and a moderate profile might give you a better more natural flow. Make sure you are firm in your decision.

Web reference: http://www.peterejohnsonmd.com

Redo Breast Augmentation after Downsizing Regrets?

+2

It is very likely that your plastic surgeon will understand your goals and comply with your request;  stranger things have happened in all of our practices. Make sure that you have thought about your goals very carefully in order to avoid additional surgery…

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/procedure_revisionarybreastsurgery.htm

Breast Implants Too Small After Revision

+2

Your question presents several issues. I'm a little confused about why you went to smaller implants. Your scar is a hypertrophic scar, not a keloid, and there are a number of reasons for this to happen. Your scar is too high on the breast rather than at the inframammary crease where there is less tension on the scar; tension is one of the causes of hypertrophy and can be the cause of a painful recovery. Going to a larger implant might require that the  pocket be opened more on the bottom(inferiorly) which would cause the scar to be even higher on the breast and would most likely become hypertrophic as well. There are treatments a surgeon can do to a hypretrophic scar once it has healed. You already are aware of the pain involved so the increased size is entirely a personal issue as your breasts look very good as they are. Tell your surgeon what you want specifically, he would usually explain the increased risks involved but I see no reason as a Surgeon to dismiss your request.

Birmingham Plastic Surgeon