200cc Moderate Plus - Will I Be a C Cup?

I have had 4 children. I am getting my breast done on Tuesday. The Dr only reccomends 200 cc moderate plus implants. Will that take me to where I want to be?

Implant size and cup size

+2

The rule of thumb is that an implant of 150 to 200 cc will change the breast size by approximately one cup. So an A-cup will go to a B, and a B-cup will go to a C-cup with the implant suggested to you. Some will need more, especially if the breast is bigger to begin with as the implant produces a smaller percentage change in the overall breast volume. I would bring a picture or a bra to show clearly what you expect to make sure your result hits the mark.

peterejohnsonmd

200cc moderate plus - will I be a 'C' cup!

+1
Hello! Thank you for your question. In general, implant size does not correlate with bra cup size. The cup size itself will vary from manufacturer to manufacturer as well as who is doing the actual measurements. Thus, cup size is never a reliable indicator for your breast size. I typically encourage my patients not to communicate her desires in cup size but more on the actual look and appearance.

Good communication between you and your surgeon of your expectations is warranted - choosing your surgeon wisely is the first step. Discussion of your wishes and having an honest and open dialog of your procedure is mandatory (e.g, implant type, incision, placement, lift, etc). I have found that photographs brought by the patient is helpful to get a visualization of the appearance you wish for in terms of size, shape, fullness, etc. In addition, your surgeon's pre and postoperative photographs should demonstrate a realistic goal for you. Once this has been accomplished, allow your surgeon to utilize his/her best medical judgment during the procedure to finesse the best possible result for you after preoperative biodimensional planning and fitting the right implant for your breast width.

Hope me that this helps! Best wishes for a wonderful result!

Lewis Albert Andres, MD

Implant Selection

+1

Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.

Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.

The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.

I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.

Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD

Breast implant sizing

+1

Much of the final “look” achieved after breast augmentation surgery  depends on several factors:
1. The initial shape, size (volume of breast tissue), symmetry of the patient's breasts. In general, the better the  preoperative breast appearance the more likely the breast augmentation “look” will be optimal.
2. The experience/skill level of the surgeon is important in determining the final outcome. For example, the accurate and gentle dissection of the breast implant pockets are critical in producing  long-term  well-placed breast implants. I personally think that these 2 factors are more important than any others, including type (saline or silicone)  or model (low/moderate/high profile)  of implant.
3. The type of implant used may  determine the final outcome, especially if the patient does not have significant covering breast or adipose tissue. For example, some surgeons feel that silicone implants have a more natural look and feel than saline implants because silicone gel has a texture that is similar to breast tissue. Each patient differs in the amount of breast tissue that they have.  If a patient has enough breast tissue to cover the implant, the final result will be similar when comparing saline implants versus silicone gel implants.  If a patient has very low body fat and/or very little breast tissue, the silicone gel implants may provide a more "natural" result.
On the other hand, saline implants have some advantages over silicone implants. Silicone implant ruptures are harder to detect. When saline implants rupture, they deflate and the results are seen almost immediately. When silicone implants rupture, the breast often looks and feels the same because the silicone gel may leak into surrounding areas of the breast without a visible difference.  Patients may need an MRI to diagnose a silicone gel rupture.   Saline implants are also less expensive than the silicone gel implants.
Other differences involve how the breast implants are filled. Saline implants are filled after they’re implanted, so saline implants require a smaller incision than prefilled silicone breast implants.
On May 10, 2000, the FDA granted approval of saline-filled breast implants manufactured by Mentor Corporation and McGhan Medical. To date, all other manufacturers’ saline-filled breast implants are considered investigational.
As of 2006, the FDA has approved the use of silicone gel implants manufactured by the Mentor Corporation and Allergan (formerly McGhan) for breast augmentation surgery for patients over the age of 22.
4. The size and model of breast implant used may  make a  significant difference in the final outcome. Therefore, it is very important to communicate your size goals with your surgeon.  In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “C cup” or "fake looking" means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.
I use  intraoperative sizers and place the patient in the upright position to evaluate breast size. Use of these sizers also allow me to select the breast implant profile (low, moderate, moderate plus, high-profile) that would most likely achieve the patient's goals. The patient's goal pictures are hanging on the wall, and allow for direct comparison.
I have found that this system is very helpful in improving the chances of achieving the patient's goals as consistently as possible.
By the way, the most common regret after this operation, is “I wish I was bigger”.

200 cc breast implant = 1-2 cup size increase (estimate)

+1

Where are you starting with a A or B cup? That would be similar to asking how tall will I be with 4 inch heels? It makes a big difference if you are 5' or 5'4". In general, it would likely take you up about a cup or a cup and a half. from where you are now.

Breast Implant Sizing

+1

Hi Denver!

Hard to give you accurate advice without photos...gotta tell you that I don't think I have ever used a 200cc implant. Although my average size her in Atlanta is about 350ccs, I'd have to see your photos and see your chest/breast measurements to really help you out. After 4 children, breast fed or not? Sagging breast or not? Moderate Plus is a great profile, use it often, but it is a narrower implant with slightly more projection than a Moderate Profile...what cup are you currently? 200 ccs is about one cup, give or take....it is Friday and I might have missed your window of opportunity for help, but answers to the above and pictures would help us help you!

Good Luck!

Dr. C

johnconnorsmd.com

John Philip Connors III, MD, FACS

+1

It is Tuesday so I'm a little late in posting an answer! But you also failed to post any photos! So my guess is the 200 cc ARE TOO SMALL for a C cup. Best of luck from MIAMI Dr. Darryl J. Blinski, 305 598 0091

Implant volume and final cup size

+1

Without an exam or at least an idea where you are starting, it would be difficult to say what cup size you eventually will be.

Cup Size after Breast Augmentation.

+1

Final cup size will depend on  the original amount of breast tissue or volume plus the volume of the breast implant.  This is different in every patient.  A 200cc breast implant is on the lower end of the spectrum in terms of volume, however. 

Stephen Delia, MD

Final cup size is difficult to determine

+1

A 200 cc implant is on the small size of all implants that are placed.  The aspect of sizing is tricky because it is not an exact science.  I like to have my patients try on the different implant sizes to show me how much size they want.  I cannot tell them a cup size but they are able to show themself as well as me the look they want.

If you are not confident in the implant selection then you should work it out before surgery.

Best Wishes

Dr. Peterson

Marcus L. Peterson, MD
Saint George Plastic Surgeon