Why is there pain in left breast a year after Breast Augmentation?

I am 22 years old and had my BA August of 2009. About 5 days ago, I started feeling dull, fairly pain in my left breast. It feels like its more inside rather than close to the skin. Now my shoulder is quite tense and I sort of feel it near my armpit as well. I feel no lumps or extreme hardness, nor do I see any bruises. I was playing with my younger sibling before and getting tickled, could I attribute the pain to a possible injury from that? I thought it might've gone away by now?

Pain one year after augmentation: See your surgeon

+3

In all likelihood it is a muscle strain or pull. However, this is an online diagnosis which is notoriously inaccurate. Discuss your compalints with your plastic surgeon and be examined before dismissing this.

Web reference: http://www.bodysculptor.com/breast-surgery-chicago/

Pain in chest

+1

If you are one year after breast augmentation and have pain it could be many things, and it is best to get an exam by your surgeon.

Pain after Aug

+1

This is probably due to the capsule.Remember,everyone gets a capsule and sometimes there will be pain as the capsule is stretched from your period or perhaps a little mastitis or breast inflammation.Little sensory nerves get bound down in the capsule so any stretching or pulling can cause a little discomfort.

Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Pain long after breast augmentation

+1

Pains that come and go with breast augmentation are usually related to simple trauma. However, a persistent pain may indicate capsular contracture. Capsular contracture can occur at anytime after breast augmentation and is the phenomenon where the scar tissue surrounding the implant begins to tighten, thicken, and distort the implant. This can be associated with pain. Many other issues may cause pain such as swelling during your period, cysts in the breast, or lesions in the breast. I recommend a followup with your plastic surgeon, breast surgeon, or primary physician, particularly if the pain continues.

Web reference: http://www.drbogue.com

Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Breast pain after augmentation

+1

Usually when the breast starts to hurt so long after augmentation,  it is usually related to the development of capsular contracture. Just because you have implants doesn't mean that every symptom is related to them. You may have just had enough of a trauma with your horseplay, or you might have an inflammation in the breast itself. If it doesn't get better on its own (maybe with some icing) in a week or two, then you should have it checked out by either your primary care doctor, your plastic surgeon or a breast surgeon.