Where Can I Buy Hydroquinone Creams?

Im from the Philippines and I want to know where can I buy that cream. I read it from the other reviews that this can lighten scars like mine having brownish scar.

Melarase AM and Melarase PM for hydroquinone creams

+1

There are many options for lightening creams.  I emphasize that patients should begin a HQ and non-HQ regimen, such as that found in Melarase AM and Melarase PM.  Both creams can be found in the Phillippines. 

Hydroquinone availability

+1

You can actually by hydroquinone over the counter without a prescription at CVS, Walgreens, etc., but only the 2% strength is available.  Prescription strength starts at 4%.  Some doctors find a combination of medications to be more effective at lightening skin.  Hydroquinone can be combined with kojic acid, tretinoin, and hydrocortisone to improve lightening efficacy.  This is created at a compounding pharmacy where potency and ingredients can be varied as directed by your doctor.  Usually a dermatologist or plastic surgeon will prescribe this formula.  It may also be available in prescription retail products such as those provided by Obagi.  Good luck!!

Jason R. Hess, MD

All Pharmacies

+1

Prescription hydroquinone 4% is legally prescribed in the United States. Of the products containing this ingredient, probably Tri-Luma is the best. However, there are production problems and it may be difficult to find. Lustra AF and Aclero are also good and more readily available. However, there is some safety concern about Hydroquinone and it is not available in many European countries. I do not know about the Philippines.

OTC products that contain Hydroquinone at 2% ( which obviously is not as effective) include Ambi Fading Cream, Neo-Strat HQ and Alpha Hydrox. There are many others.

Arnold R. Oppenheim, MD
Virginia Beach Dermatologist

Hydroquinone 4 % is prescription

+1

The effective percentage for bleaching cream is 4 % (or higher) and that is prescription. It requires a doctor's visit and then can be purchased at most pharmacies.

Steven Hacker, MD
West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

You can purchase hydroquinones over the counter from any pharmacy

+1

Hydroquinones over 2% can only be prescribed from a doctor's office.  My office compounds for patients higher strength hydroquinones with Retin-A for even more lightening effect. Just remember to use sunscreen with any of these agents.

Michele S. Green, MD