Possible to Lighten Facial Skin to Match Body's Skin Tone?

When I was young (under 6 years old) my face skin was very white, but now I am 19 years old and my face skin and hands became dark. however my body skin is white now, even. is it possible for me to have white skin such as my body?

Lightening facial skin

+1

There are several prescription and non-prescription skin lightening products available to address your problem, for example, hydroquinone, any of which may or may not be appropriate, depending on your skin type. The key in the use of these products is not to use them to the point of causing redness and irritation to the skin, or you may find your skin ending up even darker. I would consult with a dermatologist or other aesthetic physician in your area to review all of your options.

Good luck.

San Diego Dermatologist

Lightening skin of sun exposed areas (face & extremities) when compared to the rest of the body

+1

IT appears that you are very photosensitive to the sun and are experiencing darkening to the exposed portions of your body. Sun block is important to minimize progression. A variety of skin bleaching regimens are available and your should seek medical evaluation for your options.

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.