Possible to Have Breathing Problems (Dyspnoe) Because of a Diastasis Recti?

After my second pregnacy i have had breathing problems (i cannot breath right) i feel like my belly muscles don't do what they have to do. I am short of breath. I have a diastasis recti en at the end of the day i look like i am 7 months pregnant en my breathing problem becomes worse.

I really want to know if this is possible, so i can undo my problem with plastic surgeon.

Breathing Problems and Loose Abdominal Muscle

+1

The abdominal musculature play very little role in breathing mechanics.   I would undergo a thorough evaluation by your primary care physician.    I am also concerned that a tummy tuck could worsen your symptoms, not improve them.   Therefore, I would postpone any surgery until the underlying cause of your breathing problem is determined.

Shortness of breath and diastasis recti

+1

Most of the time, humans use their diaphragms to breath. The abdominal muscles have a secondary effect. Something intraabdominal can cause breathing problems and a distended abdomen, such as excess fluid. If you are truly short of breath, you should see your medical doctor.

Robin T.W. Yuan, MD

Shortness of breath not caused by diastasis

+1

Diastasis, or a separation of the sit-muscles is not related to shortness of breath, or directly involved in the mechanics of breathing. Correction will improve the abdominal tone and contour, but don't expect an improvement in breathing.

peterejohnsonmd

Breathing Problems

+1

Diastasis Recti or weak abdominal muscles do not cause breathing problems. You need an evaluation by an internist or pulmonologist.

Robert T. Buchanan, MD
Highlands Plastic Surgeon