One of my Breasts is Stiffer and More Painful Than the Other. Normal?

I had my third breast revision four days ago. The left breast was harder and more deformed than the right.

+1

When one breast is more painful than the other, it may be an indication of a problem such as capsular contracture or hematoma. Alternatively it could be compression of a nerve. Discuss either with a plastic surgeon.

One breast stiffer

+1

One beast can certainly be stiffer than the other during the healing process. Even long term one may feel a bit tighter as no two breasts are the same.

One Breast is commonly more sore than another

+1
It is common for one operated breast to be more sore than another. At this early point in your recovery I would not worry about it. I fully realize that this being your third breast revision (?reason) the likelihood of recurrent problems is higher but it is really too soon to tell. To be safe pass it by your surgeon.

Differences in breasts after revision

+1

what procedure you had, or for what reason,  I can not tell you much that is helpful.  I would tell you to look for signs of infection (red, hot, tender, etc.) or fluid collections (one side much larger than the other).  Of course, talk with you doctor.

Scott E. Kasden, MD

Sonogram will detect a hematoma after breast augmentation.

+1

Hi.

This could be within the range of normal, specially if you have no extra swelling in your stiff breast.  But I would see your plastic surgeon right away.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)