Could a Breast Implant Valve Migrate from Under Nipple and Feel Like a Lump?

Saline implant valve

+1

There is only a valve on saline implants and this can definitely be palpable in thin patients. It doesn't always stay directly under the nipple.

Palpable lump in breast implant patient

+1

Yes, in particularly thin individuals, especially with subglandular placement ("over the muscle). However, it is best that you seek medical advice.

Breast Mass VS Saline Breast Implant Valve

+1
While it is always possible that you MAY be feeling your implant valve if you are very thin withittle breast tissue, in the interest of safety, I would urge you to be examined by a breast professional. Better safe than sorry. Dr. Peter A Aldea

Palpable Breast Implant Valve

+1

The valve of a saline breast implant with an anteriorly place valve can become palpable and can be confused with a small mass.  I have seen this on 4-5 occasions and is most common in women who have very little breast tissue pre-op and have had their implants placed between the breast and muscle.

John Whitt, MD