Breast Reduction - Pain After 4 Weeks?

I am about 4 weeks post-op and I am so happy with the results aesthetically, I wish I'd had the courage to do this 20 years ago!! One question: my breasts are still tender on the sides, and on the left there is one particular area that hurts quite a bit. If I try to lay on that side when sleeping I will have a sharp pain in that spot. My surgeon said that the sides are where all the nerves to the breasts are located, but should I stil have pain after 4 weeks?

Breast reduction pain

+2

It is quite possible to have breast pain on one or both sides long after surgery is over.  Usually it is nothing to be concerned about, but it sounds like you are doing the right thing by discussing it and having it evaluated by your surgeon to make sure that nothing serious is wrong.   It takes months for tissues to completely heal and all of the swelling to go away, so you might have different sensations as this happens. 

Breast Reduction and Postoperative Pain?

+1

Congratulations on having undergone the breast reduction procedure. It is certainly one of the most patient pleasing operations we perform. Based on your description, I think your surgeon is giving you an accurate explanation of your continued discomfort. Unfortunately,  it is not uncommon to have this type of discomfort at your stage of recovery.

Please continue to follow up with your plastic surgeon and enjoy the results of your surgery.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/procedure_breastreduction.htm