How Many Grams of Breast Tissue Would Have to Be Removed to Go from a 38G to 38C

5'4 height and weight 150 pounds

Weight of tissue to be removed

+2

There is no formula available to determine the amount of tissue that needs to be removed to go from a G cup to a C cup.  I just operated on a woman who was an F cup and removed 800grams from each side.  She now wears a C/D cup.  If you are asking the question for informational purposes, we can give you a range which is simply an approximation.  If you are asking for insurance purposes,  then medically speaking, a woman who wears a G cup carries  an excessive amount of weight on her shoulders and should be symptomatic from this weight.  It should therefore be covered by your insurance carrier.  That being said, all insurance carriers are different, and although I removed 1600 grams of tissue from the patient I described above, her insurance company denied her surgery.  Obtaining insurance coverage can be a real process, and it takes time and patience.  Good luck.

Short Hills Plastic Surgeon

Breast reduction removes about 200 grams per breast for each cup size decrease.

+1

Hi.

The formulas we use are only approximations and vary with body mass index.  So you really have to trust the judgment of the surgeon.  If you really are a G cup, you may need as much as 1400 grams removed from each breast.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Breast reduction

+1

Unfortunately, no one can give you a precise answer to your question.

It is however, very important to communicate your size goals with your surgeon.  In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “C cup” or "fake looking" means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.
I have found the use of pictures very helpful in improving the chances of achieving the patient's goals as consistently as possible ( although no system is 100% accurate).